The Student Room Group

Do Royal Marines turn women on?

Friend of mine is in the Royal Marines and dates a lot of different women. Is it just because he's a Marine?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Are you expecting an original insight here or do you just want to be spoonfed the ****ing obvious?
Reply 2
No idea about girls but I'd do you :smile:
Reply 3
If hollywood movies have taught me anything it is that, Assassins turn ladies on! :cool:
Reply 4
I'm not a girl, but I wouldn't date a guy who's in the army/has been in the army. It's a serious turn-off.
Original post by Treeroy
I'm not a girl, but I wouldn't date a guy who's in the army/has been in the army. It's a serious turn-off.

Really, may I ask why? :confused:
I'm not a girl, so I have no idea and no further insight to give on this matter.
Reply 7
Original post by thegodofgod
Really, may I ask why? :confused:

Anyone who has been trained to kill would scare me. As much as I am submissive, I'd feel very uncomfortable with it.
Plus, I am a pacifist.
Original post by Treeroy
Anyone who has been trained to kill would scare me. As much as I am submissive, I'd feel very uncomfortable with it.
Plus, I am a pacifist.

Hmm, fair enough :smile:
I'm a girl and I would never be attracted to someone just because he's a marine. That'd actually be quite sad ha ha. In all seriousness I think it's your friend's confidence and attitude that attracts women.
Reply 10
Original post by Davidcharles89
Friend of mine is in the Royal Marines and dates a lot of different women. Is it just because he's a Marine?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's more likely due to the fact a) Marines are generally in good physical shape b) Most people who join have confidence built into them if they don't already have it, being quiet and timid isn't what being a Marine is about.
Reply 11
Why a Marine especially? Most civvys don't know the difference. They think everyone involved with the armed forces are just the typical infantry.
Reply 12
Um, all else being equal, yes. Of COURSE.

That's like asking 'do models turn men on?'

And of course this is TSR, so you're always gonna get the 'look how different I am's vehemently saying that they are not, as a blanket statement, attracted to models EVER. We all know these people. We see them. And we know that if they were actually in a position to get anywhere with a model, you'd see their balls get bigger by the second.

There's been the female equivalent of the I'm so differents on this thread already. Wouldn't be attracted to a marine, psshh. Sure, of course there are other factors, but there's no denying that the status/attitude/hero mentality/physique/manly implications would hit us like a hose pipe first off.
Original post by Yidette
Um, all else being equal, yes. Of COURSE.

That's like asking 'do models turn men on?'

And of course this is TSR, so you're always gonna get the 'look how different I am's vehemently saying that they are not, as a blanket statement, attracted to models EVER. We all know these people. We see them. And we know that if they were actually in a position to get anywhere with a model, you'd see their balls get bigger by the second.

There's been the female equivalent of the I'm so differents on this thread already. Wouldn't be attracted to a marine, psshh. Sure, of course there are other factors, but there's no denying that the status/attitude/hero mentality/physique/manly implications would hit us like a hose pipe first off.

Don't be so foolish to make these silly generalisations. Not everybody likes what you like. I'd happily date a model if I had the chance, but certainly not a Royal Marine. The two careers don't have the same implications for a relationship. I'm very much a pacifist and the thought of anybody involved in violence is a massive turn-off.

Also, LOL, what status? If I wanted to date somebody very manly, with high social status, I'd attempt to date a sport star! :rolleyes:
Reply 14
Men in the army dont have any personality and ambitions other than to kill/train physically. Mentally incapable, all they strive for is blood, sex and alcohol, women that are ojn the same dumb wavelentgth will like these types of men, but most wont.
Reply 15
Original post by Cringe
Men in the army dont have any personality and ambitions other than to kill/train physically. Mentally incapable, all they strive for is blood, sex and alcohol, women that are ojn the same dumb wavelentgth will like these types of men, but most wont.

Sorry, but that's complete crap. Yeah, some of them are like that, but the majority (especially those that have been in for quite a while) are lovely, family orientated people, who yes, like a drink every now and again, but who doesn't? So stop putting everyone in the army in to your one seriously judgemental category.
Also, how have you even come to that conclusion about squaddies?
Reply 16
Original post by Davidcharles89

No, it turns men on.
Yeah, every single woman creams her pants at the sight of a Marine.
Reply 18
Original post by -starlight-
Don't be so foolish to make these silly generalisations. Not everybody likes what you like. I'd happily date a model if I had the chance, but certainly not a Royal Marine. The two careers don't have the same implications for a relationship. I'm very much a pacifist and the thought of anybody involved in violence is a massive turn-off.

Also, LOL, what status? If I wanted to date somebody very manly, with high social status, I'd attempt to date a sport star! :rolleyes:

Well then I hope you plan on not paying your taxes, as anything less and you're SUPPORTING VIOLENCE :O :O :O :O :O

The question wasn't 'would you date'. Dating is a different kettle of poo. Question was, are women TURNED ON by. You know, that very very initial, primal, no-amount-of-I'm-so-different-idealism can cover it up twinge of 'yes'. It's just so unoriginal to try and contend that you're exempt from primordial realities that are born of time and have lasted through the ages.

Or maybe you're the Chosen One. :smile:
Original post by Cringe

That's the Army, we're talking about the Marines here.

..and of course the Air Force all smoke pipes, and the Navy is just one massive homosexual gang-bang.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending