The Student Room Group

How aren't there any nice women's clothes anywhere?!

I don't know about you, but I honestly can't find anything nice anywhere! I got paid the other day and went clothes shopping and genuinely bought nothing. I tried all the obvious high street shops (H&M, Topshop, New Look etc) and everything is either really impractical, like crop tops (I live in Coventry...I'm not going to wear a crop top) or really badly made and cheap looking.
Has anyone else found this? And where do you find nice clothes?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
Haha Coventry sucks for clothes shopping! Use your legs and head to Bullring on the train!! I only ever buy something when I need something and generally find it straight away in bullring. I like Debenhams, Jack Wills and Hugo Boss in particular now! Worst comes to worst, online shopping on websites like M&M it is.
Reply 2
I've found the same thing.
The last few times I've been shopping I seen hardly anything at all that I like.
Dunno what's happening to the world :'(
Woman's clothes in high street shops are declining in quality.

I've resorted to vintage stores and hand me downs on eBay.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 4
You think women have it bad, try shopping as a male.

In many shops the women's underwear section will be bigger than the entire men's clothes section.
Reply 5
Original post by zeropoint

In many shops the women's underwear section will be bigger than the entire men's clothes section.

Jack and jones have everything

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by zeropoint

I noticed that in New look the other day, and the way it was set out looked like an extension of the womens clothes for those who want the "boyfriend" style XD
But clothes do seem to be declining in quality the materials used are very cheap and the clothes are not wellbut together (H&M seem the biggest culprit of that as of late, yet their clothes are more exspensive than they were 2 years ago) Which is why I tend to shop on eBay or in charity shops to find the few gems that'll last awhile instead of mass shopping for clothes that might last a few months if I'm lucky (Example, the jeans im wearing now already have holes in then, bought them new mid March.)
I was given high street vouchers by a distant relative at xmas and I still haven't found ANYTHING to buy with them. They keep asking what I've bought and I just have to say 'eeerm nothing yet' :frown:

Sort it out high street!
Reply 8
I don't go clothes shopping that often but when I went shopping recently,I found myself thinking the same. Perhaps I am just fussy but after going to several shops including H&M,Zara,New Look etc..I found very little that I really liked. Neon,tassels,oddly placed cut outs,poor fabrics..I'm now mainly sticking to charity shops and online stores(Asos seems to be quite good at the moment) and shops abroad when I go on holiday.(I particuarly like a shop called Stradivarius that I use when I go to Spain with family and a shop called the New Yorker when I go to Germany to visit friends)

However there have been one or two items on the high street that have been okay so it's not all bad,just not great at the moment for my personal taste.
Original post by Serentonin
I was given high street vouchers by a distant relative at xmas and I still haven't found ANYTHING to buy with them. They keep asking what I've bought and I just have to say 'eeerm nothing yet' :frown:

Sort it out high street!

I had that, I spent months looking in Topshop not finding anything nice (I was given £25 in there which isn't enough to completely pay for anything, and all the nice stuff was at least £60...) until I ordered some shoes online and when I returned them they refunded me all the money onto my normal card... so I spent it elsewhere.
(Fat face)
It's just everything become so expensive that when you go out looking you don't get the same quality for your money that you would have got a few years ago! I've noticed this mainly in topshop which also has gone from doing loads of different styles of clothes to catering for a very expensive "vintage" look :s-smilie:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
It's nearly summer so the shops are gunna be filled with boring and ugly floral prints, along with 'nautical' themed tat.
I hate high street shops. Haven't bought from them for years.
Reply 13
Agree.... had this problem start few years ago.. hardly buy any clothes from high street because of this now... annoying,,
That`s true that you cannot find a good place to buy nice clothes as per your requirements specially online. But I found some places now where you can find beautiful branded Indian and Pakistani clothes in UK with updated fashion style at very reasonable price. You just have to click the dress and they will tell you the payment method and it will be delivered within a day in UK.
If you don`t find the same stuff that you ordered then they take it back and provide the right one. You can order any suit up to XXL size from there. If you want to know then send me PM so I could tell you some places where you find them :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest