The Student Room Group
St Mary's Road Campus
University of West London
London

Interview at university of west London adult nursing

Hi All,

I'm wondering if anyone on here has had an interview for adult nursing at university of west London??? If so how was it? What questions did they ask in the interview and what sort of topics formed the discussion??

I've got mine on Friday and I'm getting nervous!!!! Argh!!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by 19soph85
Hi All,

I'm wondering if anyone on here has had an interview for adult nursing at university of west London??? If so how was it? What questions did they ask in the interview and what sort of topics formed the discussion??

I've got mine on Friday and I'm getting nervous!!!! Argh!!

Hey...I got an interview in june..I have applied for child nursing..ow did it go?? did you get ur place??
St Mary's Road Campus
University of West London
London
Reply 2
Original post by sumaya!!
Hey...I got an interview in june..I have applied for child nursing..ow did it go?? did you get ur place??

Hi, I did get a place which I've accepted. In terms of the selection day it wasn't as relaxed as other selection days I'd been to. The day runs starting with paper work (they expect you to be chatting to other applicants during this, very much an emphasis of you're being assessed from the moment you walk in) then you do your maths test which was the easiest test I've done. Then a group discussion which was fine they just want to see that you can communicate and listen to others views. Then you do the English test which is your reflection of the discussion. Then we had lunch and after that we were split into groups 1 lot had passed maths and English and went on to be interviewed (thankfully I was in this group) then the ones that hasn't scored high enough got feedback and went home. They gave a talk about how the course was structured and answered questions then it was interviews. This was ok but I was soo nervous I made it harder for myself. Good luck with your interview. Relax and be confident in why you want to be a nurse. Talk to other applicants and talk in the group discussion is the advise I can give.
Reply 3
Can anyone help i have an interview on 8th July for Adult Nursing :smile:
Reply 4
Hi all, I have interview/assessment in January for Adult Nursing University of West London. Can anyone who has had their assessment give me some pointers please?
Reply 5
Original post by joyfull
Hi all, I have interview/assessment in January for Adult Nursing University of West London. Can anyone who has had their assessment give me some pointers please?

Hey! Have you already done the "phase 1" part with the numeracy and literacy tests? I'm doing that in early January! I'm a little apprehensive of the interview part because there is a group problem solving activity and I can't find any clues as to what that involves! Best of luck with your interview!
Reply 6
Original post by Siobhan87
Hey! Have you already done the "phase 1" part with the numeracy and literacy tests? I'm doing that in early January! I'm a little apprehensive of the interview part because there is a group problem solving activity and I can't find any clues as to what that involves! Best of luck with your interview!

Hi Siobhan87,
Actually I haven't had the first phase, it's not until first week of January. I see what you mean about the group work but I'm more anxious about the individual interview. I wish interview is on same day as numeracy and literacy test rather than having to come back on a different day, I live in London and having to travel 2x is not appealing. Besides, I just want to get everything over and done with same day.... I attended City Uni's assessment on Friday and we had all in one day.
Is University of WL your only choice? Do you live in Reading?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 7

Hi Siobhan,

Actually I haven't had the first phase, it's not until first week of January. I see what you mean about the group work but I'm more anxious about the individual interview. I wish interview is on same day as numeracy and literacy test rather than having to come back on a different day, I live in London and having to travel 2x is not appealing. Besides, I just want to get everything over and done with same day.... I attended City Uni's assessment on Friday and we had all in one day.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 8
Original post by joyfull
Hi Siobhan,

Hey! No I live in Ireland... I really wish it was all on the same day too because its a bit inconvenient for me but luckily I have an interview in Liverpool a couple days before my UWL assessment day so at least I don't have to fly over just for the tests! It looks like this is the first year that they've split the interview process up in to 2 stages so I'm not really sure what to expect from it! Hopefully we won't be waiting long after the tests to get our interview dates! I haven't seen anyone else say they've had an interview/tests at UWL yet so maybe we're just in the first wave of it.

I've applied to Kings, UWL, Bedfordshire, Liverpool John Moore and Anglia Ruskin? Where else have you applied? How did you get on at the City Uni assessment?
Reply 9
[Qapplied]Hey! No I live in In Ireland... I really wish it was all on the same day too because its a bit inconvenient for me but luckily I have an interview in Liverpool a couple days before my UWL assessment day so at least I don't have to fly over just for the tests! It looks like this is the first year that they've split the interview process up in to 2 stages so I'm not really sure what to expect from it! Hopefully we won't be waiting long after the tests to get our interview dates! I haven't seen anyone else say they've had an interview/tests at UWL yet so maybe we're just in the first wave of it.

I've applied to Kings, UWL, Bedfordshire, Liverpool John Moore and Anglia Ruskin? Where else have you applied? How did you get on at the City Uni assessment?

I appllied to UWL, Kings, City and Surrey. City on friday was my 1st assessment and it went very well, we had numeracy and literacy test in the morning while they marked papers we listended to a presentation. Unsuccessful candidates left soon after presentation and we had lunch. After lunch we had Cambridge psychomemetric test then individual interview.

If you got abplace with UWL, would you live in Reading? I'm still not sure how I would commute, I leave 65miles from their Reading campus.
Did you apply for PGdip or undergraduate Adult Nursing?
Reply 10
I applied to UWL, Kings, City and Surrey. City on friday was my 1st assessment and it went very well, we had numeracy and literacy test in the morning while they marked papers we listended to a presentation. Unsuccessful candidates left soon after presentation and we had lunch. After lunch we had Cambridge psychomemetric test then individual interview. If you got abplace with UWL, would you live in Reading? I'm still not sure how I would commute, I leave 65miles from their Reading campus.Did you apply for PGdip or undergraduate Adult Nursing

QUOTE=Siobhan87;45554670]Hey! No I live in Ireland... I really wish it was all on the same day too because its a bit inconvenient for me but luckily I have an interview in Liverpool a couple days before my UWL assessment day so at least I don't have to fly over just for the tests! It looks like this is the first year that they've split the interview process up in to 2 stages so I'm not really sure what to expect from it! Hopefully we won't be waiting long after the tests to get our interview dates! I haven't seen anyone else say they've had an interview/tests at UWL yet so maybe we're just in the first wave of it.

Reply 11
Original post by joyfull
I applied to UWL, Kings, City and Surrey. City on friday was my 1st assessment and it went very well, we had numeracy and literacy test in the morning while they marked papers we listended to a presentation. Unsuccessful candidates left soon after presentation and we had lunch. After lunch we had Cambridge psychomemetric test then individual interview. If you got abplace with UWL, would you live in Reading? I'm still not sure how I would commute, I leave 65miles from their Reading campus.Did you apply for PGdip or undergraduate Adult Nursing

I'm applying for undergraduate. Yeah I would look for a flat or something in Reading. Where is your first choice? I can't really decide where I would rather go but UWL is one of my favorites.
Reply 12
I'm applying for undergraduate. Yeah I would look for a flat or something in Reading. Where is your first choice? I can't really decide where I would rather go but UWL is one of my favorites.

My first choice is now UWL, it didn't used to be my first choice due to its distance from home but I really want to start in February as supposed to September. UWL is my chance of starting in February.
Reply 13
Original post by joyfull
My first choice is now UWL, it didn't used to be my first choice due to its distance from home but I really want to start in February as supposed to September. UWL is my chance of starting in February.

Okay, wow, you'll be starting on pretty short notice so if you get offered a place! I had to switch my assessment day to the end of January because I have another interview on the 13th now so please let me know how you get on with the tests! Good luck & I hope that you get your place! :biggrin:
Reply 14
Thanks, sure will let you know how I get on. All the best with your other assessments.
Reply 15
Original post by joyfull
Thanks, sure will let you know how I get on. All the best with your other assessments.

Hi! How did you get on with your test day? Just wondering what the general layout of the day is like? Were the tests paper based or computer based? Is the dress code fairly casual since its just the tests not the interviews? Thanks for your help! :smile:
Reply 16
Hi ya, it went well. I go an offer today. Assessment Day was very relaxed, you will get away wearing jeans, I wore jeans. The maths was pretty basic real life scenario questions requiring multiplication, addition, subtraction, converting ml to L, mg to g, fractions to decimals, ratio. Also, prepare for calculating 'areas' and perimeter.
As for English, we were asked to summarise one of the two articles that they directed us to read in preparation for the test. We were not provided with a copy on the day so be sure you read and understand one of the articles before hand.
Successful candidates were notified the following day and were asked to attend interview a week later. Interview was relaxed too, the tutors were very nice and warm, they seem to have a relaxed culture there. Dress code for interview was a bit more formal.
How did your other assessment go? Wish you all the best.
Reply 17
Original post by joyfull
Hi ya, it went well. I go an offer today. Assessment Day was very relaxed, you will get away wearing jeans, I wore jeans. The maths was pretty basic real life scenario questions requiring multiplication, addition, subtraction, converting ml to L, mg to g, fractions to decimals, ratio. Also, prepare for calculating 'areas' and perimeter.
As for English, we were asked to summarise one of the two articles that they directed us to read in preparation for the test. We were not provided with a copy on the day so be sure you read and understand one of the articles before hand.
Successful candidates were notified the following day and were asked to attend interview a week later. Interview was relaxed too, the tutors were very nice and warm, they seem to have a relaxed culture there. Dress code for interview was a bit more formal.
How did your other assessment go? Wish you all the best.

Wow, congratulations on your offer, do you think you'll accept it? Thanks for the advice I really appreciate it! That's good to know that they get back to people so fast! My other assessment went really well, got an offer! :smile: Congrats again! :biggrin:
Reply 18
Wow, congratulations on your offer, do you think you'll accept it? Thanks for the advice I really appreciate it! That's good to know that they get back to people so fast! My other assessment went really well, got an offer! :smile: Congrats again! :biggrin:

thanks. Yes I will accept, I feel I will fit in, I like it there.
Well done you! Congratulations. Which Uni is that? Are you going to accept it?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 19
Original post by joyfull
thanks. Yes I will accept, I feel I will fit in, I like it there.
Well done you! Congratulations. Which Uni is that? Are you going to accept it?

Anglia Ruskin, I'd be happy to accept it now, I really liked it there on the interview day. I've never been to Reading or seen West London University before though so maybe I'll love it there even more! I'm just keeping my options open for now! :smile:

Wow, that's exciting for you, best of luck on the course! You're starting in February aren't you?

Quick Reply