The Student Room Group
Reply 1
The layout was :eek: completely different to any previous exam paper. The questions werent too bad especially the 10 mark ones except for energy and life one. By the way which direction was the storm going in? :confused: (I suck a climate :p: )
I did it - I liked Units 2 and 3 (Human geography and then the practical paper) but Unit 1 was pretty horrendous. On the first question, I couldn't do the river basin management question cos we hadn't been tought it as my teacher didn't think it was in the specification :frown: so that's ten marks down the drain....

Also, I didn't really know enough about a soil catena to do well on the last 10 mark question. I just hope that my marks from papers 2 and 3 will bump up my score from paper 1!!

ChrisF
By the way which direction was the storm going in?

I put west, but that was a total guess and is probably very wrong. Couldn't really find any evidence for it either.
Reply 3
omg- i found the physical paper harder than the other papers!! Yeh i got stuck on the very last question on the 10 mark question on soils- :frown: I didn't know what to write, so i just wrote anything i cud remember bout brown earth (on lowlands) and as you go up you get podsols- is that kinda right??- i hope thats right. :frown: I feel i did alright on the human paper and i did the energy paper 4 the skills one- i sumhow managed 2 finish lyk 10 mins early 4 that 4 sum reason!?! I hope i have done alryt 4 that tho. I can't remember what i put 4 the direction of the wind, i think i might have put west..
Reply 4
I thought it was really hard! We had never even been taught about 'soil catena' (never knew it existed)!!! We all came out thinking wtf! Out geog teachers wern't even there for us to take it out on lol :smile: I made the whole thing up! Also, the population q (10 marks was hard too) - the needs of the population one?! Had no idea what to put for that either.
Btw i put the wind going north, probably wrong tho seeing as you all got west! Good luck to all :biggrin:
I really have no idea how you find which direction the wind is blowing in... so you're probably not wrong ali... :smile:
Reply 6
Rosalily
I really have no idea how you find which direction the wind is blowing in... so you're probably not wrong ali... :smile:

Oh Dear, It was so hard, The pysical especially, I didnt have a clue about the wind direction either. Wit the one on dawing the soil profile i dint have a clue about the specific brown earth so i just labelled where water would be. Mt teachers also dissapered so i couldnt have a stress. Dreading Results day. I think ill be resitting AGAIN.
Katy200
Oh Dear, It was so hard, The pysical especially, I didnt have a clue about the wind direction either. Wit the one on dawing the soil profile i dint have a clue about the specific brown earth so i just labelled where water would be. Mt teachers also dissapered so i couldnt have a stress. Dreading Results day. I think ill be resitting AGAIN.

:hugs: well it was a difficult exam.... so if we've all done bad, maybe they'll slightly lower the grade boundaries? :smile:

I heard that the January physical geography exam was so difficult, you only needed 31/60 for an A! :eek: :biggrin:
Reply 8
I got the wind going thr wrong way and i was so gutted cos i realised when they were collecting the papers in ahah oh well, the skills and human seemed quire easy. I didnt have a clue how a bloody revolving storm was formed, and brown earth soil prpfile my arse!!!! i did a massive cross on the page hahaha. I SUCK at the physical sections.
Reply 9
Rosalily
I heard that the January physical geography exam was so difficult, you only needed 31/60 for an A! :eek: :biggrin:

Well that wasnt true as i did the january one as well and got a D and i got 23 marks so this time round was th resit and i think i di worse.

Maybe ill be seeing what next januarys like as well.

Latest

Trending

Trending