The Student Room Group

Girls won't stop lying

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Millie228
We all know these girls didn't really lie. You just can't make things work with girls and on this particular evening you are frustrated for some reason and you worked hard to find a common negative denominator in the girls you dated.
I am sure girl 1 never said "I'm rich", but you assumed she was wealthier than she was, which was just a misconception. If you really cared about her, and didn't care for "money or possessions", you wouldn't have cared anyway.
Girl 2 had no obligation to disclose that she was a virgin.
Girl 3 probably just wanted to meet your needs, but when it got down to it didn't want to - which sometimes makes sense. Just because she didn't want to do certain things with you, doesn't mean she doesn't want to do them in general. Men change behaviour when they're aroused, and she didn't feel comfortable enough with you.

You haven't lose your ability to trust. You just need to man up and get real.

I can 100% say that girl one told me she's rich. And to everything she told me about her riches I told her I don't care.

Girl 2 made a point of telling me on a number of occasions she's not a virgin.

Girl 3, I'm assuming you're certain about all of that and didn't write any of it in an attempt to just be a bitch towards me.

All of the girls lied. And yes on the particular evening I wrote the thread I was frustrated after finding out a girl I was seeing was completely full of ****.

I didn't say I've lost my ability to trust but thanks for point that out.

And thanks for your great display of how nice and caring you are, and how you're not a total bitch.
Reply 61
Everyone lies to each other at some point. Learn to recognise the big lies from the small lies. And remember all the lies you've said yourself (and if you're finding that hard then use "I don't tell lies" that's a goldie oldie lie that people LOVE to tell themselves) and get the hell over it already. Sounds like you're treating this whole affair like a petty misogynist. Certainly doesn't sound like you had an awful lot of respect for girls 2 and 3 so frankly girl 1 sounds pretty sensible to start off by lying to you :P
Reply 62
Original post by AeneasBK
Everyone lies to each other at some point. Learn to recognise the big lies from the small lies. And remember all the lies you've said yourself (and if you're finding that hard then use "I don't tell lies" that's a goldie oldie lie that people LOVE to tell themselves) and get the hell over it already. Sounds like you're treating this whole affair like a petty misogynist. Certainly doesn't sound like you had an awful lot of respect for girls 2 and 3 so frankly girl 1 sounds pretty sensible to start off by lying to you :P

I know people lie, it's a part of life.

Also I think the whole thread has been treated like I'm just out to be misogynistic which wasn't my aim at all. But it does explain why every girl that replied on here tried to justify lying.

Just out of interest why do you feel I had no respect for these girls?
Original post by pizzle223
The thread is called 'girls won't stop lying', is it really not obv?

And of course I've lied before! I know I'm no saint but when it comes to building a relationship with someone I'm not going to lie about who I am because then I'd be trying to make someone deceptively like me. Which is pointless because then it's not even me they like.

Does feeling insecure really justify lying? Also you seem to be missing the point of the fact that the lies I was told by girls 2 and 3 were always going to be caught out at some point. Also I'm unsure of how you concluded I'm angry that the girls a virgin? Imagine if I just bent her over and went caveman on her. There it is her first time, what a treasured memory. Also what if she didn't want to sleep with me? What if she just didn't want to own up to the fact she had lied?

You know I think it's just the fact I've met these people at Uni and they feel they've got something to prove like most people at uni. I can only put it down to immaturity and stupidity really.

I get why they lied. I don't get how they can grow up and be that stupid tho.

You're doing it now, you're going off on a rant about how girls lie to you and even if they were going to get caught, sometimes you think the lie gives you a little time to build up confidence to tell them rather than just blurting it out. No, insecurity doesn't justify it, but at the same time surely it's an understandable reason for it? Try putting yourself in other peoples shoes, I really don't see why you're getting so sensitive about this. You honestly seem really angry and hurt over something which is really not a big deal. Ok, well that just sounds like paranoia, she probably did want to sleep with you and you're just overthinking it.

That's a daft conclusion. If you're at uni you must automatically be a horrible liar and insecure and need to prove something? It must be a consequence of higher education! You think the real world will be any different? I assure you that I've met plenty of people who don't go to uni or have left uni who are just as insecure and frankly act like children.

Silly statement, lying and being stupid have nothing to do with each other. Being foolish or naïve, maybe, but not being stupid. In fact a lot of intelligent people are incredibly successful liars because they can keep track of all the facts they've said so they don't trip up so easily. Also, it's though, not tho, while we're talking about people's intelligence.

Finally, I'm not justifying lying because I'm a girl (despite your protestations this thread is basically implying that it's only girls who ever lie), guys lie too. If a guy I was with lied to me about being a virgin I wouldn't care either way, whether he was and said he wasn't or wasn't and said he was, I understand that as a guy he might feel pressure to say he was someone he's not. I just think you are blowing this out of proportion.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 64

Just out of interest why do you feel I had no respect for these girls?

Because the nature of their lies bothers you. They both lied about personal and intimate stuff to you and on discovery of these lies you seem more concerned with the fact they have lied to you and not the reasons for which they lied to you. In girl 2s case the fact she lied about wanting to be treated like a whore bothers you more than the fact that actually she doesn't like it. In girl 3s case you're more bothered by the fact that when it came to it, she actually *was* a virgin, and it looks like it took people in this thread to explain that *maybe* she lied because she's insecure. But that's not the important part is it. No, her honesty is the important part.

God help that you ever have to become vulnerable to someone you care about.
Reply 65
Original post by aspirinpharmacist
You're doing it now, you're going off on a rant about how girls lie to you and even if they were going to get caught, sometimes you think the lie gives you a little time to build up confidence to tell them rather than just blurting it out. No, insecurity doesn't justify it, but at the same time surely it's an understandable reason for it? Try putting yourself in other peoples shoes, I really don't see why you're getting so sensitive about this. You honestly seem really angry and hurt over something which is really not a big deal. Ok, well that just sounds like paranoia, she probably did want to sleep with you and you're just overthinking it.

That's a daft conclusion. If you're at uni you must automatically be a horrible liar and insecure and need to prove something? It must be a consequence of higher education! You think the real world will be any different? I assure you that I've met plenty of people who don't go to uni or have left uni who are just as insecure and frankly act like children.

Silly statement, lying and being stupid have nothing to do with each other. Being foolish or naïve, maybe, but not being stupid. In fact a lot of intelligent people are incredibly successful liars because they can keep track of all the facts they've said so they don't trip up so easily. Also, it's though, not tho, while we're talking about people's intelligence.

Finally, I'm not justifying lying because I'm a girl (despite your protestations this thread is basically implying that it's only girls who ever lie), guys lie too. If a guy I was with lied to me about being a virgin I wouldn't care either way, whether he was and said he wasn't or wasn't and said he was, I understand that as a guy he might feel pressure to say he was someone he's not. I just think you are blowing this out of proportion.

It's not even the lies that frustrate me it that so many people seem to be trying to justify their actions. I get why they lied, my point is it's stupid.

Also I'm saying they're too stupid to realise that the lies are ones that are gonna catch up them.

And I know how to spell though. I also know how to use going to instead of gonna, I just choose not to.

My point about it being people at uni is that I've seen the real world. Worked in it and then went back to uni. The people at uni seem to be in the same mind set they were in a school were you feel you have to lie to get liked or fit in.

Maybe you're right about the me being angry and hurt by it all. I'm kinda hurt that they felt they needed to lie to me when I'm someone who is pretty open and honest and I've stressed to these people how I feel honesty is very important. The anger side of things is more from the fact that everyone seems to feel it's okay to build a relationship off small lies.

End of the day I'd just rather people were honest about themselves instead of lying, whether it's to impress people or their own insecurities.
Reply 66
It's not even the lies that frustrate me it that so many people seem to be trying to justify their actions. I get why they lied, my point is it's stupid.

Also I'm saying they're too stupid to realise that the lies are ones that are gonna catch up them.

In all honesty though, these lies have dodged a bullet for them though.

And you say their lies were stupid? But your response here is precisely the reason they'd lie in the first place. When the lies are discovered you don't (seem to) care about *why* they might have lied to you, you are just banging on about the dishonesty in it. Rather than tell her "I don't care that your a virgin" (what she wants/needs to hear from you), you go on the internet to exclaim about how dishonest she is.
Reply 67
Original post by Linnerzx
Mate, grow some balls for Christ's sake. You were only properly lied to in the first instance you gave and that was over something completely trivial. Did she cheat on you? No. Did she lie about any ex boyfriends? No. Did she lie about any current boyfriends? No. In fact, did she lie about anything directly related to you that affects you? NO. She just lied about her age and having a car. So what? Is this going to give you commitment issues now? Is it hell.

As for the other two girls, they were obviously feeling insecure and the fact that you're accusing them of lying just shows how insensitive you are. Which is strange considering how much of a pussy you're acting over this whole charade.

Seriously, grow up and stop getting so butthurt over absolutely nothing.

If she finds it so easy to lie, how does he know for sure what else she has or hasn't lied about? That's the worry, not what she lied about per se. Why is this so difficult to comprehend?

The minute you notice this sort of stuff, no matter how funny or attractive they are, cut it off. Not worth the worry
You need to just get over it to be honest. I don't know how truthful you're being here but if they lied then shame on them. Why go on about it on the internet? LOL. Honestly, it seems as though you were the most perfect gentleman to them when I'm sure you weren't judging by your reactions on this forum. The girls' lies cannot be justified but take a look at yourself and see how melodramatic you're being. Move on with your lifeee.
Reply 69
Original post by Bonzo10
If she finds it so easy to lie, how does he know for sure what else she has or hasn't lied about? That's the worry, not what she lied about per se. Why is this so difficult to comprehend?

The minute you notice this sort of stuff, no matter how funny or attractive they are, cut it off. Not worth the worry

Great advice! From another liar :biggrin:
Original post by Bulbasaur
True it's not too cold outside tonight.

I know, it wasn't.
Reply 71
Great advice! From another liar :biggrin:

I'm sorry?

If this was in relation to some observation you've made about everybody lying, then you're wrong in this context. Everybody fibs, that's true. But in the dating game when you're going to be sharing your time, emotion, finances and (possibly) life with the person, then yes, somehow I think lying is wrong.

Yours sincerely,

Another liar
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 72
In all honesty though, these lies have dodged a bullet for them though.

And you say their lies were stupid? But your response here is precisely the reason they'd lie in the first place. When the lies are discovered you don't (seem to) care about *why* they might have lied to you, you are just banging on about the dishonesty in it. Rather than tell her "I don't care that your a virgin" (what she wants/needs to hear from you), you go on the internet to exclaim about how dishonest she is.

You have no idea how I responded to any of those lies.

I didn't make a big deal out of. I didn't even call 'em out on it when I could get away with it.

Yes, I go on the internet to have a rant about it instead of ranting at them because I know they didn't lie to be a dick to me.
Reply 73
Original post by MomtaajRahman
You need to just get over it to be honest. I don't know how truthful you're being here but if they lied then shame on them. Why go on about it on the internet? LOL. Honestly, it seems as though you were the most perfect gentleman to them when I'm sure you weren't judging by your reactions on this forum. The girls' lies cannot be justified but take a look at yourself and see how melodramatic you're being. Move on with your lifeee.

Why go on about it on the internet? The same reason you decided to comment on this thread I'd assume.

I know I'm not the most perfect gentleman.

It's not even the issue with the girls in question that causes me to keep replying and going on.. it's that so many people seem to think it's fine to build a relationship off lies.
Reply 74
Original post by Bonzo10
I'm sorry?

If this was in relation to some observation you've made about everybody lying, then you're wrong in this context. Everybody fibs, that's true. But in the dating game when you're going to be sharing your time, emotion, finances and (possibly) life with the person, then yes, somehow I think lying is wrong.

Yours sincerely,

Another liar

Apparently we're a rare breed.
Reply 75
Original post by Bonzo10

I don't think you've completely understood all my posts. I agree with you, if someone is lying about a bunch of things, cut it off indeed.

I would like to draw attention to your 'Not worth the worry' comment. Which I also totally agree with, and also contradicts the OPs paragraph where he is worried about having trust issues in future relationships. He has absolutely nothing to worry about! He met one crazy girl, and a couple of insecure ones. None of them should have lied, and fair enough that he decided to leave it with all of them. But when he started playing the 'poor me' card at the end when other people have been in much worse situations of being lied to, even cheated on, that is where I had an issue.
Reply 76
I don't think you've completely understood all my posts. I agree with you, if someone is lying about a bunch of things, cut it off indeed.

I would like to draw attention to your 'Not worth the worry' comment. Which I also totally agree with, and also contradicts the OPs paragraph where he is worried about having trust issues in future relationships. He has absolutely nothing to worry about! He met one crazy girl, and a couple of insecure ones. None of them should have lied, and fair enough that he decided to leave it with all of them. But when he started playing the 'poor me' card at the end when other people have been in much worse situations of being lied to, even cheated on, that is where I had an issue.

Ok fair enough. The comprehension bit wasn't actually directed at you, more a general question. You seem to understand fine haha!
Reply 77
Apparently we're a rare breed.

Maybe so, however I dare say that you might be overreacting slightly. Girls are quite passionate and love talking and communicating stories, and some times that can come across slightly exaggerated. It's harmless mostly, but if it frustrates you, as I can sympathise with, then just don't go further with them.

Also, my ex lied about having had sex. Yeah, it was frustrating to find out she'd lied, but if you're perspicacious and see through to the real issue, she was just trying to impress me. Women are taught that all men want is sex, so it's completely understandable why a girl who likes you would feel like she had to impress you. Just communicate your issues in a really positive and constructive way and the girl in question should be fairly receptive. If she isn't, then that's the point at which you call it off.

Godspeed, soldier.
Reply 78

You spent all that time writing to me and you agree?

I wasn't trying to play the 'poor me' card. I think if we was having a conversation in person you'd of realised that.

'I don't wanna be one of those people who doesn't get into relationships because he doesn't trust people because of his past. None of these people have hurt me that much but I have been kinda bummed.'

Didn't say 'ohh now I've got trust issues'. Didn't say 'I'm so upset and angry', I said I'm kinda bummed about it.
Reply 79
Original post by Bonzo10
Maybe so, however I dare say that you might be overreacting slightly. Girls are quite passionate and love talking and communicating stories, and some times that can come across slightly exaggerated. It's harmless mostly, but if it frustrates you, as I can sympathise with, then just don't go further with them.

Also, my ex lied about having had sex. Yeah, it was frustrating to find out she'd lied, but if you're perspicacious and see through to the real issue, she was just trying to impress me. Women are taught that all men want is sex, so it's completely understandable why a girl who likes you would feel like she had to impress you. Just communicate your issues in a really positive and constructive way and the girl in question should be fairly receptive. If she isn't, then that's the point at which you call it off.

Godspeed, soldier.

I love it when people reply and they're polite! It literally gives me hope for the rest of the world.

When did your ex tell you she was a virgin tho? And did she actually tell you or wait til there's blood on your hands..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending