The Student Room Group

I am almost 25 and I have no idea what to do with my life - Could use some advice?

Okay, so I am 25 and I have no direction in life at the moment. I keep going from one thing to the next, but I don't have a solid idea on a career to pursue.

I left college with a BTEC in Sport Studies, but I realised after I finished that that isn't what I want to pursue. I am stuck now because I went to college for 2 years to study something worthless.

I have been considering options such as Physiotherapy and other health professions, but I am not sure what I should do.

The problem I have is, I was never good at maths and therefore I lack the confidence in that area. No matter how much I learnt it, I still couldn't grasp the subject.

Almost everything that I have thought about as a career, involves Science/Mathematics. I just don't feel confident that I could succeed on a course that required a lot of Maths. Maybe I could, but I would have to study maths hard until I go it and, I don't really want to keep waiting.

I would need to go back to study for an Access course, for sure.

ARRGGHH! I am so confused right now. I feel stressed that I haven't got a career plan at nearly 25 years old. At the moment, I work in a manual labour job and I don't particularly enjoy it. I cannot seem to concentrate because I am thinking about my future 24/7.

Anyway, I could really use some advice. Has anyone been in a similar situation? What can I do to decide on something?
Original post by WhiteWalker
Okay, so I am 25 and I have no direction in life at the moment. I keep going from one thing to the next, but I don't have a solid idea on a career to pursue.

I left college with a BTEC in Sport Studies, but I realised after I finished that that isn't what I want to pursue. I am stuck now because I went to college for 2 years to study something worthless.

I have been considering options such as Physiotherapy and other health professions, but I am not sure what I should do.

The problem I have is, I was never good at maths and therefore I lack the confidence in that area. No matter how much I learnt it, I still couldn't grasp the subject.

Almost everything that I have thought about as a career, involves Science/Mathematics. I just don't feel confident that I could succeed on a course that required a lot of Maths. Maybe I could, but I would have to study maths hard until I go it and, I don't really want to keep waiting.

I would need to go back to study for an Access course, for sure.

ARRGGHH! I am so confused right now. I feel stressed that I haven't got a career plan at nearly 25 years old. At the moment, I work in a manual labour job and I don't particularly enjoy it. I cannot seem to concentrate because I am thinking about my future 24/7.

Anyway, I could really use some advice. Has anyone been in a similar situation? What can I do to decide on something?

I was in a similar position to you at the same age.

My mum told me to go and get a profession and then you have it behind you to fall back on. She was right. I went into nurse training and then used it as a springboard to do other things.

If you are good at sports/science etc, I would seriously consider physiotherapy. You will have a profession and can set up your own business, travel the world, work in a hospital etc.

Other things you could do are teaching - PE; Speech and Language Therapy., in fact any of the NHS/teaching professions.

They may not pay much money to begin with - but as I said - you will have something to fall back on whilst you consider your future. I have never been unemployed and have travelled widely. Good luck
I'm in a similar position. My plan is to get a job that will leave me the time and energy to keep working on figuring out what to do. It might help to do some proper introspection. I'd recommend looking through the resources on Live Your Legend. Good luck.
Reply 3
Don't have any advice, but I'm in this situation too. Empathy five.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending