9am tomorrow. Eek!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
I did mine today and got:

VR - 810
QR - 750
AR- 650
DA - 860
SJT - Band 1

My scores in both official mocks were way lower (in the 500s) so don't let low mock scores put you off. The only practice resources I used were the 600Q book and the two official mocks, so for anyone asking, I wouldn't say medify, kaplan etc. are necessary but they'd obviously be useful. I had the old 600Q book (passed down from a friend who'd had it passed down to her) so the VR questions were all old style which was that useful and the QR was much much harder in the book but I'd say AR and DA were pretty accurate :smile:
Just got back from mine and completely devastated with my average score :frown: 683 average, only saved from being somewhere in the 630s because I got 890 in DA I'm so upset and mad and I know I shouldn't be but this has put my favourite Uni completely out of reach
Original post by Kaliedescopic
Idk if anyone's tabulating this or something but my results were

VR: 730
AR: 620
QR: 900
DA: 880

SJT: band 1

In terms of advice, QR was soooo much easier in the real thing. I used the UKCAT practice book and for each question there would be 3 to 4 steps to work through; the real thing was normally 1-2, max 3. Just make sure you're speedy with percentages and ratios etc. I'm really not a mathsy person, its just about keeping your head and working through logically.

Hey what topics do you need to learn for QR. I am like in level zero, I dont get the medify nor 600q. If I die, the cause will be ukcat :L
Reply 4304
Quick question for those who have done the exam. Did anyone use Emedica, if so which set was the best representative of the real exam?

Thank you!!

P.S for the post above this, that is an awesome score, and plenty of unis would accept it, just research and I don't know which uni you are referring to, but give them a ring and ask. Good luck! :smile:
Original post by ribbonrebel31
Just got back from mine and completely devastated with my average score :frown: 683 average, only saved from being somewhere in the 630s because I got 890 in DA I'm so upset and mad and I know I shouldn't be but this has put my favourite Uni completely out of reach

683 is still a fantastic average and is still fine for most universities! I understand how you may feel if your top choice has gone but there are many brilliant options out there :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 4306
Original post by GCSE-help
Don't be disheartened by a 'poor' performance in any of the official mocks. The qr especially is incredibly easier in the real thing. As your test is tomorrow, master the percentage change! That is key. Remember to skip all the hard questions without even looking twice at them.

As for your question, I did better in everything apart from VR in the real thing. VR is the killer, i'd advise you to read the short passages you are going to get tomorrow, and skim for key words when the long passages appear.

All the best. Remain calm and you'll smash it :smile:

ive got my ukcat on monday n im scared about the verbal reasoning u know in the ukcat 600Q book u have to tick ture false or can't tell but i did a test on ukcat website today and i hade pick the best sentence rather than tick true false or cant tell so can u please tell what is verbal reasoning like in the real test
I'm resitting year 13 and applying to Exeter.... Does anybody know how seriously they take the UKCAT score? And any other advice?

Thanks in advance!
Original post by FAIZA1
ive got my ukcat on monday n im scared about the verbal reasoning u know in the ukcat 600Q book u have to tick ture false or can't tell but i did a test on ukcat website today and i hade pick the best sentence rather than tick true false or cant tell so can u please tell what is verbal reasoning like in the real test

T/C/FT will be the minority I'm afraid. I had about 8 of those. Just practice reading faster, that seems to be the only way to tackle it this year.
Reply 4309
Original post by FAIZA1

Hey! I haven't done the test yet, but everyone is saying that most of the test consists of the new style questions and only received a few Can't tell/True/False style questions at the end (min 4), so it's worth practicing from the UKCAT website for the new style VR.
Reply 4310
Are the practice tests on the website really the best indicator on what you're going to get on the actual test, cos I'm flunking them:frown:
Reply 4311
My downfall in VR is definitely second guessing myself when it's between false and can't tell!

Does anyone else find this?

But on the plus side I started off getting around 40% and just now I got 63%, so I am improving☺

Posted from TSR Mobile
they dont ask you T/F/C questions anymore in VR. check the mock on ukcat site. I hate ukcat. Its the most unfair test of all times. I wish the person who invented must of been real happy for destroying many young people's dreams.
For those who have sat the UKCAT, what would you say are the best materials to prepare from?
Original post by georgiee_
I did mine today and got:

VR - 810
QR - 750
AR- 650
DA - 860
SJT - Band 1

My scores in both official mocks were way lower (in the 500s) so don't let low mock scores put you off. The only practice resources I used were the 600Q book and the two official mocks, so for anyone asking, I wouldn't say medify, kaplan etc. are necessary but they'd obviously be useful. I had the old 600Q book (passed down from a friend who'd had it passed down to her) so the VR questions were all old style which was that useful and the QR was much much harder in the book but I'd say AR and DA were pretty accurate :smile:

Can you please tell me your VR strategy? Your score is amazing :smile:
Original post by Kaliedescopic
Idk if anyone's tabulating this or something but my results were

VR: 730
AR: 620
QR: 900
DA: 880

SJT: band 1

In terms of advice, QR was soooo much easier in the real thing. I used the UKCAT practice book and for each question there would be 3 to 4 steps to work through; the real thing was normally 1-2, max 3. Just make sure you're speedy with percentages and ratios etc. I'm really not a mathsy person, its just about keeping your head and working through logically.

well done on your score. Can you please share your VR strategy ?
Original post by jollygood
Can you please tell me your VR strategy? Your score is amazing :smile:

I read through each passage first and then answered the questions. I found that most passages were shorter and less wordy than in the official mocks so I could do most of questions having only read the passage once and didn't need to keep referring back to it which saved loads of time :smile:
Reply 4317
Is it me or is the QR on the first official mock ridiculously hard? I mean it's doable but not within the time limit!! :frown:
Reply 4318
The first two questions on the first set of QR on ukcathelp.org are confusing. Did anyone else spot this?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Guys what are good unis for 690 UKCAT avg and AAAs?

Im thinking of QUB, what else? Would it be enough for Glasgow?

Latest

Trending

Trending