The Student Room Group

St. Andrews Sutton Trust Summer School 2013

Hey guys, thought I'd create this so we can, well talk about St. Andrews summer school! :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
You should put a link of this in the big Sutton Trust thread so people can find it (:
Reply 2
Never thought about that, done it now (:
Em I'm just wondering, cane how it said to put our photo on the forms, did yous use glue or what?:tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
I stapled it on because I couldn't find a paper clip or glue. Probably a bad move!
Reply 5
Is anyone else whose going from the south west? I think I'll probably to go by plane (as it is 8 hours by train and then 2 hours by bus!).
Reply 6
Original post by Teaforme
Is anyone else whose going from the south west? I think I'll probably to go by plane (as it is 8 hours by train and then 2 hours by bus!).

10 hours! Wow! I'm from the north east of Scotland so I have about an hours drive or train then bus!
Reply 7
Original post by Officegirl4
10 hours! Wow! I'm from the north east of Scotland so I have about an hours drive or train then bus!

Yeah it's quite a long way which is why I'm hoping I'll go by plane! :smile: It didn't take too long when I visited for the open day.
Reply 8
I was debating plane as well, but it's kind of not worth it when you factor in price and transport to the airport. My train's only about 5-6 hours though and there's only one change (:
Reply 9
Original post by AmyDai
I was debating plane as well, but it's kind of not worth it when you factor in price and transport to the airport. My train's only about 5-6 hours though and there's only one change (:

I think the university pays for transport... Well I hope so.
Original post by Teaforme
I think the university pays for transport... Well I hope so.

It says on the Sutton trust website they do! :smile:
Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Original post by danaa
It says on the Sutton trust website they do! :smile:
Posted from TSR Mobile

Good! Mine will be in excess of £150... :rolleyes:
Reply 12
i was just wondering, what kind of pictures did you use? like a proper passport one, or just a casual photo?
Reply 13
Original post by AmyDai
i was just wondering, what kind of pictures did you use? like a proper passport one, or just a casual photo?

I had photos left from when I got my provisional so I just used that, it's pretty serious and terrible. I look so tired in it
Reply 14
Does anyone know roughly what the format of the days will be from what people who have previously been have said?

I don't know anyone that has ever been before :frown:
Reply 15
Does anyone know roughly what the format of the days will be from what people who have previously been have said?

I don't know anyone that has ever been before :frown:

nope, sorry D:
I assume it's morning classes of one course, lunch, afternoon classes of your second course, and then activities in the evening?
Reply 16
I live in Edinburgh so my parents are going to drive me up - the ride only takes about 1 and a half hours.

Do you guys know if we are meant to bring things like bedding or will it be provided?
Reply 17
I went last year and can answer some questions. :smile:
They pay for your travel - the cheapest option though. So if it's cheaper to go by train and you choose to fly then they won't. (or they'll pay for the price of the train, I think)
It goes: breakfast, first course class, second course class, lunch, normally lectures on ucas etc., dinner then activities.
You dont need to bring bedding. They tell you what to bring and will give you out a timetable thing.
It's great fun so don't worry and enjoy it! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
Original post by dead101
I went last year and can answer some questions. :smile:
They pay for your travel - the cheapest option though. So if it's cheaper to go by train and you choose to fly then they won't. (or they'll pay for the price of the train, I think)
It goes: breakfast, first course class, second course class, lunch, normally lectures on ucas etc., dinner then activities.
You dont need to bring bedding. They tell you what to bring and will give you out a timetable thing.
It's great fun so don't worry and enjoy it! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

For travelling will they at all take convenience into count? Having a look it could take about 4 different buses for me to get down where as it could also only be one train and a bus?

Are the afternoon lectures given to all 130 people or are they specific to the courses you are on?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 19
For travelling will they at all take conscience into count? Having a look it could take about 4 different buses for me to get down where as it could also only be one train and a bus?

Are the afternoon lectures given to all 130 people or are they specific to the courses you are on?

I'm not sure sorry, my mum drove me there so I didn't ask for my travel expenses to be paid back. If you email them though, they'd be happy to answer any questions.
It depends, some are for everyone, but sometimes it's your group and some other groups themselves. Like, when you arrive you get put into groups with third year st. andrews students as group leaders and you do things at the same time as these other groups since not all the people can fit into the one room sometimes. Does that make sense haha?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending