The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by pizzle223
It really is too! I sold my car a few years back and have never really missed it.

Plus anywhere you're going with your mates they'll drive..

Exactly. I never really go out socially. the only time I would like EVER use a car is to get to and from college 3 days a week. But I dont mind getting the bus as the bus stop is literally at the end of my street, and stops more or less right outside the college. Plus its cheaper. Plus its less stressful in the early morning traffic as youre not actually driving in it.
Reply 21
Anyway, will people please tell me what they think the next step is. Like I say, I did that test after about 30-40 lessons. I got 18 minors and 3 seriouses in only 30 mins of the 40 mins test (like I say the last 10 mins were cut out). Ive taken around 15 lessons since. what is the next option? is it worth booking another test? Could I have gone from 18 minors and 3 seriouses in 30 minutes to passing a 40 minutes test in 15 lessons? What would you do?
Original post by SamL94
Well that's what I got on my latest test, which was about about 30-40 lessons. Ive now done about 50.

If I do that bad after 30-40 lessons, than how many lessons am I really going to have to do before I am at a required point to pass my test?

I would change instructor asap! Although if your a WD then theres not much that can be done.
Original post by SamL94
Anyway, will people please tell me what they think the next step is. Like I say, I did that test after about 30-40 lessons. I got 18 minors and 3 seriouses in only 30 mins of the 40 mins test (like I say the last 10 mins were cut out). Ive taken around 15 lessons since. what is the next option? is it worth booking another test? Could I have gone from 18 minors and 3 seriouses in 30 minutes to passing a 40 minutes test in 15 lessons? What would you do?

Do you feel more comfortable on the road? Are you driving on the right side of it etc. If not maybe change instructor, and maybe to someone who has a smaller car which might help with things like clipping mirrors?
Original post by SamL94
To the people saying bad, how bad? Bad as in 'sort of bad'? Or bad as in 'so bad I've never even heard of a score that bad before'? Can you please define how bad bad is?

"I wouldn't get into a car with you" bad :redface:
Original post by SamL94
One of the majors was for doing out of the test centre on the wrong side of the road (so in theory I'd failed the test about 30 seconds into it), one was for clipping a car wingmirror, and the 3rd was for, again, going on the wrong side of the road (tho I didnt actually notice that one at the time. the other 2 I did)

If only I could have seen this on TV,next time you take a test upload it to YouTube so that I can been thoroughly entertained for an hour or so :smile:
Original post by SamL94

You should ask your instructor what you should do. They should know whether you are ready for a test or not. If they don't know or you're not confident in your instructor, I would get another one.

Based on your posts here, it doesn't seem like your confident in going in for another test. If you were, you wouldn't be asking.
Reply 27
Original post by Laomedeia
I would change instructor asap! Although if your a WD then theres not much that can be done.
what is WD?
Reply 28
Original post by Victoriapownall
If only I could have seen this on TV,next time you take a test upload it to YouTube so that I can been thoroughly entertained for an hour or so :smile:
are you taking the mick 'victoria'? say that to my face, you woudlnt dare
Original post by SamL94
are you taking the mick 'victoria'? say that to my face, you woudlnt dare

I was just joking you will get there in the end its not rocket science after all! And plus you are one of the chosen few that are that bad at driving that's something to celebrate I guess ! Sorry if I upset you :/
Reply 30
Original post by SamL94

I would look to change your instructor. After that many lessons, I would expect someone to do far better than that. Talk to your friends and see if any of them have an instructor they could recommend. It may be that your instructor's teaching style just doesn't work for you, or your instructor is just a bit rubbish. Either way, I reckon you're probably wasting your money staying with the same one. Learning to drive is expensive enough without having to do extra lessons and tests because of the instructor!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well come on, it's not a good score is it...
Reply 32
Original post by SamL94
One of the majors was for doing out of the test centre on the wrong side of the road (so in theory I'd failed the test about 30 seconds into it), one was for clipping a car wingmirror, and the 3rd was for, again, going on the wrong side of the road (tho I didnt actually notice that one at the time. the other 2 I did)

I was going to say it's not that bad. Then read that and think it's seriously bad considering you were on the wrong side of the road twice. I think it'll be a while until you're ready. There is no shame in having X amount of lessons, it's better to be ready when you take your test than take your test continually and fail.

EDIT: also recommend a change of instructor. If you drive like this in lessons then why the hell did they let you book a test? Especially if you have a habit of going onto the wrong side of the road.

Original post by SamL94
what is WD?

"Woman driver" I am guessing
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 33
Original post by Victoriapownall
I was just joking you will get there in the end its not rocket science after all! And plus you are one of the chosen few that are that bad at driving that's something to celebrate I guess ! Sorry if I upset you :/
it wasnt the joking about my past test that annoyed me. it was the way you said 'next time you take a test record it' or whatever you said. you were almost making it sound like its inevitable that I will do bad again on my next test :/

And anyway, why would I celebrate been a bad driver?
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by SamL94
it wasnt the joking about my past test that annoyed me. it was the way you said 'next time you take a test record it' or whatever you said. you were almost making it sound like its inevitable that I will do bad again on my next test :/

Oh no I didn't mean it like that I'm sorry joking aside hope you do better next time :smile:
Reply 35
Original post by SamL94

For safety of humanity, give back your provisional and never drive again.

If you do that after 40 lessons then..... I'm speechless.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 36
Why is everybody saying to change instrcutor? Non of you are contemplating that it could be me that is just bad at driving. youre all saying that i need a new instructor.

Anyway I like the instructor I have. And I dont think it is anything do with him as to why im not getting it (driving). And what if I then change him and get a worse instructor (which i think is highly possible because i think my current one is one of the better ones). I cant just keep changing and changing and changing instructors.
Reply 37
Original post by sabian92
For safety of humanity, give back your provisional and never drive again.

If you do that after 40 lessons then..... I'm speechless.

Posted from TSR Mobile
hahaa funny guy. but seriously, you really think that that is the only answer? i presume you were joking?
(edited 10 years ago)
stop wasting your money now and get a new instructor! don't put in for your test again until you feel ready
Reply 39
Original post by Stacie0395
stop wasting your money now and get a new instructor! don't put in for your test again until you feel ready

But I dont understand how I judge 'when im ready'. i thought i was ready when I took my first test but look what happened then.

Latest

Trending

Trending