The Student Room Group
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

Why no Physics Society...?

I was looking at the Kent Students Union website and the list of societies and was suprised to see there doesn't seem to be a Physics Society. Which I just thought was unusual? Anyone know why this is (will also help me with my decision if I go to kent- as my unconditional insurance for the foundation year, whether or not I'd be looking to maybe transfer off to another uni for physics after that) :tongue: but yeah, wheres the Physics Society?
Reply 1
create one quick!!
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by extermin8or
I was looking at the Kent Students Union website and the list of societies and was suprised to see there doesn't seem to be a Physics Society. Which I just thought was unusual? Anyone know why this is (will also help me with my decision if I go to kent- as my unconditional insurance for the foundation year, whether or not I'd be looking to maybe transfer off to another uni for physics after that) :tongue: but yeah, wheres the Physics Society?

There's a Space Society, which is the closest thing.

Physics has been quite a small subject at Kent until recently

I wouldn't make too much of it either way, societies are mainly about meeting people who aren't on your course.
Reply 3
Original post by Mbob
There's a Space Society, which is the closest thing.

Physics has been quite a small subject at Kent until recently

I wouldn't make too much of it either way, societies are mainly about meeting people who aren't on your course.

Fair enough, its merely because all the other Uni's I'd looked at do have a Physics Society that organises stuff todo with the subject for both people studying physics and those not studying physics :tongue: I was suprised kent didn't.
The space soc do the annual CERN trip so do not worry.
Reply 5
Haha that's good then xD you read my mind :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending