The Student Room Group

Salford vs. Liverpool John Moores vs. Liverpool Hope vs. Manchester Met

Hi

I was supposed to go to uni this September (Had conditional offers from Liverpool (Computer Information Systems) and Lancaster (Computer Science) as well as an unconditional offer from UCLan for Computing) but some financial constraints forced me to defer my entry to 2014.

I originally applied to Manchester, Liverpool, Lancaster, Salford and UCLan. This time, however, I am planning on removing Lancaster since it will be too far for me to commute to (Will be living in Southport).

For 2014 entry, I'm sure to apply again at Manchester (Software Engineering), Liverpool (Computer Information Systems), and UCLan (Computing). With Lancaster out of the list and Salford in question (I did not like how their academic assistant talked to me, but I'm still considering the uni since a family friend, who is a lecturer there, recommended it to me), I am choosing between the following universities for Computer Science/Computing:

1. Liverpool John Moores University
2. University of Salford
3. Liverpool Hope University
4. Manchester Metropolitan

Can anybody here tell me which two of the four are the best in terms of Computer Science? I've already scouted Manchester's, Liverpool's, and UCLan's programmes to death but I am still clueless on how Computer Science is in the four universities mentioned.

Any sensible input would be very much appreciated.

Best Regards,
FG
Filipino Guy:

What do you exactly mean in terms of Computer Science?

James

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending