The Student Room Group
Medicine at Swansea University
Swansea University
Visit website

Are Swansea lenient with grades ?

My course is business economics and the required grades are BBB. I have put Swansea as my firm choice but I think I'm likely to get BBC. I was wondering if anyone has heard of then being lenient ?
Reply 1
It really does depend on how many people have met their offers each year, so you won't be able to know until after results come out.
Medicine at Swansea University
Swansea University
Visit website
Original post by Chrisgreenlee
My course is business economics and the required grades are BBB. I have put Swansea as my firm choice but I think I'm likely to get BBC. I was wondering if anyone has heard of then being lenient ?

If you do not meet your offer, ring up the university and ask to speak to your course admission tutor....mine was fantastic in helping me!
Reply 3
Swansea's admission department is really helpful. I'd call/email them and ask.

It really depends on how many people applied for your course. BBC isn't far off BBB so you could be alright.
Reply 4
My offer was BBB but from the time I was given the offer I knew i'd be closer to BBC. Then yesterday I really messed up in Politics and I think that will take me down to a BCC.

Do you think there's still any chance or should I start preparing for life at Winchester instead?

The course is for Business btw, doubt it makes any real difference.
Reply 5
Original post by LaurenceB04
My offer was BBB but from the time I was given the offer I knew i'd be closer to BBC. Then yesterday I really messed up in Politics and I think that will take me down to a BCC.

Do you think there's still any chance or should I start preparing for life at Winchester instead?

The course is for Business btw, doubt it makes any real difference.

You could be fine, BCC is not too far off. It will depend ultimately on what grade you get in business, how strong your reference is, and how many people applied to study business (if you don't meet your offer).

As someone who has already completed their A Levels and has their results I know people worry that they've done badly in exams. You may be surprised, you've probably done well.

Best of luck.

Quick Reply

Latest