The Student Room Group
School of Oriental and African Studies
London

Question for those living in Dinwiddy House

Hey guys :smile: I was just wondering how accommodation fees are paid to Dinwiddy. Do i need to pay the fees for accommodation all at once at the start of the academic year or do i pay it monthly?
Reply 1
Hola!

So you have to pay the rent in three installments, one for each term, which I think works out as roughly £2.5k, £2k and then £800 or there abouts. The first one (£2.5k) needs to be paid by the time you move in in September, which can be a bit of a pain because Student Finance doesn't come in until after you move in. What you can do is pay something like the first four weeks of rent in advance (about £500), and then pay the rest of it when your finance comes in - you have to email them in advance to arrange this, but it's worth it as scrabbling 2.5k without a loan is a pain in the ass. You can choose to pay all your remaining rent off in one go at any point in the year as well, but there's no montly/weekly option.

The 2k one is due in the first or second week of term 2, and the 800 the first or second week of term 3. Both of these are after Student Finance should come in, so they're easier to deal with. All of this is done online - if/when you get an accomodation offer you'll need to create an account on their website and they should have a page which breaks your rent down, and you just pay by card there.

Hope that helps, any other questions pleast let me know :biggrin:.
School of Oriental and African Studies
London

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending