The Student Room Group

What To Do.

Basically, I am currently doing the whole 'head in sand' type thing...

The other weekend, I went on a double date and it was probably one of the most awkward experiences in my ENTIRE life. He didn't speak to me once.

In four hours.

He was one of my friends friends and I thought I could just leave it, he obviously didn't like me, whatever. One evening I'll never get back - but not too bad. Wrong. Apparently, he really likes me, and because I'm so pretty (LOL go to specsavers love) he was too shy to talk to me but wants to go on another date. And he also wants my number, and won't stop talking to my mate about me... >.<

I'm busy literally until June so I've got out of another date. For now. But he still wants my number to talk to me - and I plain don't want to give it to him. I just don't like how he did not speak to me for four straight hours, I don't bite!

If this wasn't making me feel bad enough... I've now got a girlfriend. Yeah. I am a deplorable human being. This just sorta, happened... I wasn't expecting to get with her, but I have and it's awesome.

I don't know what to do - I was kinda hoping he'd forget about me.. nope =/ I don't want to string him along - which I kinda am by ignoring him, but I don't want to give him my number, to just shoot him down because that seems mean. And, I know this'll sound awful, but I don't want to be bombarded by texts asking for an explanation.. I don't feel like I owe him one, because he didn't acknowledge I existed for four hours, yet some how thinks i'm awesome o.O

I could tell my mate to tell him I'm in a relationship but that feels heartless and I could meet him and explain in person, but again that's a bit... mean =/

I don't know what to do :bawling: and yes, I know I'm a bitch but... I did not want this situation to happen.

At all...

advice? Beyond me running away to a completely new country? D:
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
Basically, I am currently doing the whole 'head in sand' type thing...

The other weekend, I went on a double date and it was probably one of the most awkward experiences in my ENTIRE life. He didn't speak to me once.

In four hours.

He was one of my friends friends and I thought I could just leave it, he obviously didn't like me, whatever. One evening I'll never get back - but not too bad. Wrong. Apparently, he really likes me, and because I'm so pretty (LOL go to specsavers love) he was too shy to talk to me but wants to go on another date. And he also wants my number, and won't stop talking to my mate about me... >.<

I'm busy literally until June so I've got out of another date. For now. But he still wants my number to talk to me - and I plain don't want to give it to him. I just don't like how he did not speak to me for four straight hours, I don't bite!

If this wasn't making me feel bad enough... I've now got a girlfriend. Yeah. I am a deplorable human being. This just sorta, happened... I wasn't expecting to get with her, but I have and it's awesome.

I don't know what to do - I was kinda hoping he'd forget about me.. nope =/ I don't want to string him along - which I kinda am by ignoring him, but I don't want to give him my number, to just shoot him down because that seems mean. And, I know this'll sound awful, but I don't want to be bombarded by texts asking for an explanation.. I don't feel like I owe him one, because he didn't acknowledge I existed for four hours, yet some how thinks i'm awesome o.O

I could tell my mate to tell him I'm in a relationship but that feels heartless and I could meet him and explain in person, but again that's a bit... mean =/

I don't know what to do :bawling: and yes, I know I'm a bitch but... I did not want this situation to happen.

At all...

advice? Beyond me running away to a completely new country? D:

You'll just have to say you felt no chemistry. What can the guy expect if he didn't talk!? Plus, your already in a relationship.. its a win-win.. your happy and that guy should have 'took the initiative' when he could!
Reply 2
He is an idiot and tell him to **** off he definitely does not deserve your number or anything to do with you.
Reply 3
Well it's a bit weird if he's saying he likes you and whatnot but didn't speak to you AT all for four hours. I'd just tell him up front that you're in a relationship and you're genuinely not interested in him. If you don't act, he will persist.
Reply 4
Just tell him that after your first double date, because of the lack of talking, you assumed there was no chemistry and that you weren't going to meet again. Then explain that you now have a girlfriend and that you wish him 'all the best' or something to the equivalent. I think this can be done by text with no hard feelings :dontknow:
Reply 5
Let him know you're now in a relationship.

He'll resent women, but it will turn him into a man.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending