The Student Room Group

"Smoking" electric sigarets new fashion with kids of 9/10 year old !

http://www.parool.nl/parool/nl/224/BINNENLAND/article/detail/3434697/2013/05/01/Elektrische-sigaret-is-rage-onder-basisschoolkinderen.dhtml

This is an article in the news of today in Holland, kids of 9/10 year old who start to smoke ( tabaco free ) eletric sigarets.. Smoke is acually not the right word, because the electric sigarets work with wet air ( steam, vapour ) .... And contains no adictive nicotine...

The gouvernement in Holland is now questioning if the substance propyleenglycol or better known as E1520 wich is in some of the brands of sigarets is harmfull for kids..

Question of me is :

*Is this also todays news/fashion in the UK?
*And, what do you think of this news?
*Could one compare this to alcohol free beer?

sigs.jpg
Reply 1
Original post by edwinemanuelposse
http://www.parool.nl/parool/nl/224/BINNENLAND/article/detail/3434697/2013/05/01/Elektrische-sigaret-is-rage-onder-basisschoolkinderen.dhtml

This is an article in the news of today in Holland, kids of 9/10 year old who start to smoke ( tabaco free ) eletric sigarets.. Smoke is acually not the right word, because the electric sigarets work with wet air ( steam, vapour ) .... And contains no adictive nicotine...

The gouvernement in Holland is now questioning if the substance propyleenglycol or better known as E1520 wich is in some of the brands of sigarets is harmfull for kids..

Question of me is :

sigs.jpg

I prefer the candy stick ones my friends and I used as kids...
Reply 2
Original post by edwinemanuelposse

Question of me is :

sigs.jpg

Better than smoking real cigarettes but I don't think they should be allowed for kids because they might then move on the the real deal.
Well you have dozens of electrice sigarets wich contain absolutly 0% drug like substances hey,,, The "Vapours" as we call the new smoking people in Holland, are mainly intrested in a nice taste in theire mouth... So on the market are already fruitlike electric sigarets and even the taste "Sweet italian laite cofee"
Reply 4
Never mind the cigarettes, your spelling just gave me cancer.
Reply 5
Too many spelling mistakes to even bother writing a proper response to this - sorry! :tongue:
Reply 6
I remember the fake ones that I used to buy after school. Powder came out when you blew through it. The look on strangers faces. :biggrin:
Original post by Linnerzx
Ha ha what mean remark from you, i am two things, a* not a native UK speaker, and b* I am dislectic extremely...
Original post by Linnerzx

Original post by Shevo
Too many spelling mistakes to even bother writing a proper response to this - sorry! :tongue:

Are you honestly that arrogant and ignorant not to appreciate someone's thoughts based on them not being a native speaker of your language?

Instead of criticising the OP, why not help them improve their English?

Back to the original question, I'm not sure whether kids are even allowed to buy them; I thought you had to be 18 in the UK to buy them, just like normal cigarettes - but I may be wrong. Having said that though, I think e-cigarettes being abundant may lead to increased rates of teenage smoking (real cigarettes) in some cases, which wouldn't help the already high rate of teenage smoking in the UK.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 9
I'm guessing you're dyslexic - well done for having the confidence to post anyway, ignore the haters!

I think it would be concerning that nobody can really tell if they're smoking the nicotine-free kind or the real e-cigs (with nicotine). The health problems are negligible in comparison to actually smoking but there are risks associated with inhaling the propylene glycol, and I don't think we fully understand them yet.

Sometimes I get a really wet cough for a few days after vaping my e-cig... who knows what damage I'm doing to my poor lungs!
Reply 10
I do not like all kinds of cigarettes :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending