The Student Room Group

tehforum trolls the gym

Okay, doing SS.

I did the pre-first workout to work out my starting weights by starting low and keep adding until fail/form gets crap.

Bench - 25kg?
Squat - 62.5kg
Deadlift - 40kg?

Around there, but when I go back in two, I'll update with official figures.

oh, I'm doing this on a cut, there's no way I can be eating over 2000cals

I think my typical diet has been
Oats + 300ml skim milk
2 tins tuna
2cod fillets
fruit + veg
Some pasta

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Good luck mate once you've got the fundamentals of the compounds I'd suggest changing routines asap if you're looking to get aesthetic.

In b4 chit storm
Reply 2
Original post by Dhaden
Good luck mate once you've got the fundamentals of the compounds I'd suggest changing routines asap if you're looking to get aesthetic.

In b4 chit storm

That's what I'm aiming for.

Oh, went again, and did everything to make sure I was right.

Bench - 22.5kg
Deadlift - at least 50kg
Squat - 60kg+
OHP - 22.5kg

I'm annoyed with press and OHP tbh. I'm definitely not going for another two days now, dat dere DOMS hitting dem thighs hard
Hurt to sit down and walk lol
(edited 10 years ago)
In2watch :wink:
Original post by Dhaden

In b4 chit storm

It shouldn't create a ****-storm, it's true. There are much better routines for aesthetics than SS.
Reply 5
Original post by AreebWithaHat
It shouldn't create a ****-storm, it's true. There are much better routines for aesthetics than SS.

Links?
Original post by tehforum
Links?

I don't know any specific ones but something like push/pull/legs or upper and lower split would be good.
Reply 7
Original post by AreebWithaHat
I don't know any specific ones but something like push/pull/legs or upper and lower split would be good.

What?

tbh, I want my upper to be a lot better i.emuscly and defined.

The lower not so much as it'llbe out of proportion. Besides that seems like "strong" point anyway".
Links?

There's one from bodybuilding.com forums called 'All Pro's Simple Beginner Routine' which a lot of people run and enjoy. I don't think any exercises go below 8 reps. Bad points for me are that progression is a lot slower becuase you have a heavy, medium and light day.

There's one called Ice cream fitness 5x5 that is a basic 5x5 routine with more isolation exercises added. That's pretty popular again at bb.com but the routine is long. Those are just off the top of my head mate.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by Converse Rocker
There's one from bodybuilding.com forums called 'All Pro's Simple Beginner Routine' which a lot of people run and enjoy. I don't think any exercises go below 8 reps. Bad points for me are that progression is a lot slower becuase you have a heavy, medium and light day.

There's one called Ice cream fitness 5x5 that is a basic 5x5 routine with more isolation exercises added. That's pretty popular again at bb.com but the routine is pretty long. Those are just off the top of my head mate.

I know I just started, but if I did SS, then cut, would that achieve the same result in terms of time and muscle?
Reply 10
In to watch

I know I just started, but if I did SS, then cut, would that achieve the same result in terms of time and muscle?

I doubt anyone knows the answer to this. Just stick with your plan of cutting on SS and moving onto something else later. Saying that, if you really really want to focus on aesthetics from now and you've got time (and i emphasise TIME- a typical workout on the cutting version easily takes me around 2 hours), maybe do the ice cream fitness which is basically SS with a few other isos but, there isn't any evidence that it is actually better than SS as far as I know.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 11
Original post by 419
In to watch

I doubt anyone knows the answer to this. Just stick with your plan of cutting on SS and moving onto something else later. Saying that, if you really really want to focus on aesthetics from now and you've got time (and i emphasis TIME- a typical workout on the cutting version easily takes me around 2 hours), maybe do the ice cream fitness which is basically SS with a few other isos but, there isn't any evidence that it is actually better than SS as far as I know.

I haven't got that much time atm as I've got exams, but after exams, I could switch so that'll be in a month.

I'll carry on.
Reply 12
can't even sit down properly... FML

at least it shows I've worked hard i guess
Bench - 25kg?
Squat - 62.5kg
Deadlift - 40kg?

How many reps?
Reply 14
Original post by RamocitoMorales
How many reps?

New stats

Bench - 22.5kg
Deadlift - at least 50kg
Squat - 60kg+
OHP - 22.5kg

3x5 at least more like 4/5 sets

Did warmups obviously to build up
Reply 15
Strong diet brah.

Vary it up a bit! Add some chicken; breast and thigh, ground beef, salmon, mixed veggies, beans, nuts, bread, cheese! You might end up getting bored with only 2 cans of tuna and cod. Also stay safe and have a cheat meal once every 2 or 3 weeks.

Good luck man I still remember when I first started cutting just under a year ago. It's a great feeling once you start seeing results.
Reply 16
Original post by Ultimate1
Strong diet brah.

Vary it up a bit! Add some chicken; breast and thigh, ground beef, salmon, mixed veggies, beans, nuts, bread, cheese! You might end up getting bored with only 2 cans of tuna and cod. Also stay safe and have a cheat meal once every 2 or 3 weeks.

Good luck man I still remember when I first started cutting just under a year ago. It's a great feeling once you start seeing results.

Nah, I love fish. (inb4smellyfingers) If I'm cutting, surely nuts, bread and cheese is all going to put on needless calories?
Also, thanks.
Nah, I love fish. (inb4smellyfingers) If I'm cutting, surely nuts, bread and cheese is all going to put on needless calories?
Also, thanks.

Embrace the Omega 3, my son.

Are you taking any vitamin supplements?
Reply 18
Original post by James A
Embrace the Omega 3, my son.

Are you taking any vitamin supplements?

Yeah multivits - one a day.
Reply 19
Also, thanks.

Tbh when I was cutting on around 2000 cals, I wasn't even hitting 2000 with my main meals unless I ate pasta for the day (usually main meals were 2 slices of bread with chicken breast (150g), ground beef with veggies, can of tuna, salmon, oats, etc).

I don't know if you are hitting your cals then yeah leave out the nuts, bread and cheese. Have you got a food scale? First thing I would do is buy a food scale srs, you will get ridiculed by people but I measured every darn thing that even went near my mouth lol.

Quick Reply

Latest