The Student Room Group

Can a mathematician working in finance get on Grad medicine course?

Just wondering if anyone could help.
I did mathematics (ba and masters). Would I be able to be accepted onto a Four year grad medicine course? I thought it was only for science students and that everyone else had to do five years? It seems I'm wrong?

Does academics matter? I got good grades, all A*s at gcse and all As at a level. i did the maths, further maths and biology and physics but no chemistry.
Reply 1
Another question, do you need to finance the grad medical course yourself and how much does it cost?

Also a trivial question, at what point can your title officially become doctor? After the 4 years of grad school, is that equivalent of phd? Or after u qualify as a doctor?
Reply 2
Original post by DimaTae
Another question, do you need to finance the grad medical course yourself and how much does it cost?

Also a trivial question, at what point can your title officially become doctor? After the 4 years of grad school, is that equivalent of phd? Or after u qualify as a doctor?

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Graduate_Entry_Medicine_-_a_guide This should tell you most of what you need to know about Grad Entry.

The Doctor title from a PhD is not the same thing as a Doctor title of a medical doctor so I'm not sure why you're asking this. I'm pretty sure you gain the title Dr upon passing finals, though it could be something more specific and bureaucratic than that, someone who actually knows can tell you instead.
Different grad programs have different requirements, you need to look into which ones will accept maths, as well as their other requirements (eg one requires a year working full time in a healthcare role).

You become Dr when you graduate from medical school. This isn't equivalent to a PhD Doctor, because you're only graduating with a Bachelors degree.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending