The Student Room Group

Are you scared of aging? It petrifies me.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox
I used to worry about growing old, until someone pointed out that not everybody gets the chance to. Sometimes lives are taken away ridiculously young, and those people would give anything to have the "old age" that others are so petrified of.

So my answer is that I would rather grow old than die young.

This is of course very true but fear of death and vanity have little to do with rational thought. I think I've come to the conclusion I really fear growing old alone, it's the nature of living in a big city, that you are anonymous and that's scary if you are elderly.
well everyone has got to age, its a natural process.
Reply 42
Original post by Robbie242
I'll take first class sorry, I never knew second class was full of *******s

*crickets*
Reply 43
Original post by 2ndClass
*crickets*

I know
Reply 44
Original post by Jetboy
After reading this I think I'm having my midlife crisis exceptionally early.

http://neuroticsanonymous.wordpress.com/2012/03/19/as-the-mask-slips-how-a-midlife-crisis-can-save-your-life/

So is there such a thing as a quarter life crisis?

Oh my lord! Someone else! Finally! I'm not scared of dying but I am absolutely petrified of being old. It's the whole dementia idea that gets me. The thought of not being able to remember people or yourself. Plus, I really hate being dependent on others. It's just... no fun!
Reply 45
Original post by Kgooding
Oh my lord! Someone else! Finally! I'm not scared of dying but I am absolutely petrified of being old. It's the whole dementia idea that gets me. The thought of not being able to remember people or yourself. Plus, I really hate being dependent on others. It's just... no fun!

Hehe, yes, no fun at all.

I worked in an old people's home, I hate to add to your neurosis but it was so so so grim.

The oldest man there was the only one who had his wits about him fully, I'm not sure if he was in the worst situation or the woman who kept asking for her pillow over and over again.

These were exceptionally elderly people though.
Reply 46
Original post by Jetboy
Hehe, yes, no fun at all.

I worked in an old people's home, I hate to add to your neurosis but it was so so so grim.

The oldest man there was the only one who had his wits about him fully, I'm not sure if he was in the worst situation or the woman who kept asking for her pillow over and over again.

These were exceptionally elderly people though.

I might be volunteering at one over Summer... It's not them I'm scared of, it's the situation they're in
Reply 47
Original post by Kgooding
I might be volunteering at one over Summer... It's not them I'm scared of, it's the situation they're in

Yes, it's criminal how they are treated to be honest, especially in the private care homes.

Good on you.
Time is a monster... it eats us up alive....
Reply 49
I'm not too worried, If I live till 60 I'll hop on to gear to preserve my body if I have to
Reply 50
No way am I having plastic surgery though, I don't care about growing old gracefully but I don't want to look like that.

Quick Reply

Latest