The Student Room Group

Girl from past is friendly with my boyfriend

Keep anon please!

About 2 years ago I was getting with a guy and just after we finally kissed, an acquaintance of mine tried it on with him after inviting him back to hers. She knew I liked him. So after that I left things with him.

6 months later I was seeing a different guy and a few weeks into it, the same girl started texting him asking him to meet up etc. again she knew about us because I had mentioned it on a night out. I ditched the guy for a few months, then started seeing him again but it didn't work out. As soon as I ended things, he slept with her.

Around 8 months later I started going out with my boyfriend. Found out he worked with the girl, I told him I'm quite wary of her and guys now because of our history. She added him on faceboook a month or so into our relationship even though they had never spoken.
She then started trying to speak to him at work. She might just be being friendly as he's my boyfriend and she's somebody I know, but it still worries me.

Been with my bf over a year now, and she's started asking him to hang out with her. They have nothing in common, they don't even work in the same department at work. I've made it clear to him I would prefer it if they weren't friends because I feel as if she tries to 'steal my men', obviously I won't stop him if he wants to be her mate but he knows how unhappy she makes me in this scenario.

Question is: how would you feel about it?
My bf is loyal and would never cheat, but I still feel **** whenever she asks him to hang.. I shouldn't technically care because we have a solid relationship and are starting our adult lives together.

Should I feel more relaxed or is it normal to be bothered about this?
Reply 1
Invite her for coffee and ask her straight out why she keeps doing this?
Damn. That does not sound like a good situation. :frown: It's totally natural to feel bothered after all that. A girl made a move on two of your love interests and is talking to your current one!

Buuuuuut, you're totally right, you're boyfriend really does have the right to make friends with whoever he wants and I don't think you can demand he doesn't. You're being very mature in that respect. Remember that it takes two to cheat and as long as he's loyal it doesn't matter what the hell she does, so (assuming you trust him) relax a bit. :smile: And hell, you've given your bf a warning, so as long as you show him you trust him, he'll probably just be proud he's the first guy loyal enough to reject her advances.

I think the real question is why this girl keeps cropping up. May I ask, what are all your situations? Are you all at uni? In the same courses/year/clubs/whatever? Or do you just live in a similar area? If you have a relatively closed social circle and similar tastes, its perfectly possible you just happened to have fallen for all the same guys. But the way she keeps looking at guys she knows you're into is a bit weird. I don't know. Its hard to tell whether she's actually doing this on purpose. Does she have any reason to dislike you?
Reply 3
Original post by theorangebox
Damn. That does not sound like a good situation. :frown: It's totally natural to feel bothered after all that. A girl made a move on two of your love interests and is talking to your current one!

Buuuuuut, you're totally right, you're boyfriend really does have the right to make friends with whoever he wants and I don't think you can demand he doesn't. You're being very mature in that respect. Remember that it takes two to cheat and as long as he's loyal it doesn't matter what the hell she does, so (assuming you trust him) relax a bit. :smile: And hell, you've given your bf a warning, so as long as you show him you trust him, he'll probably just be proud he's the first guy loyal enough to reject her advances.

I think the real question is why this girl keeps cropping up. May I ask, what are all your situations? Are you all at uni? In the same courses/year/clubs/whatever? Or do you just live in a similar area? If you have a relatively closed social circle and similar tastes, its perfectly possible you just happened to have fallen for all the same guys. But the way she keeps looking at guys she knows you're into is a bit weird. I don't know. Its hard to tell whether she's actually doing this on purpose. Does she have any reason to dislike you?

We are from the same town but we aren't really part of the same group. Everyone knows everyone but my bf is from a different town so she genuinely had no idea he existed till he was my boyfriend. I've always been nice to her so she could be doing this without realising. I hope there isn't a secret reason tbat she is doing this on purpose! I plan on being with this guy forever (I'm almost 30 and I'm pretty sure he is 'the one') so hopefully she won't continue with this routine!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending