The Student Room Group

Is Bale Better Than Messi?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by FATchristopher
Bale- most overhyped player in history.

There have been many more.
Reply 41
Talk about hyperbole on the most ludicrous of levels.

Bale would be better than Lionel Messi if he scores more goals than him in the next four season and the latter regresses unbelievably quickly.

It's difficult for people to remain rational when a young and talented player like Bale comes in and performs well over a short period and not realising he has alot more work to do to even be mentioned in the same breath as Messi, Ronaldo. Even though people still do.
Chuck Norris is better than both of them combined.
^ Jeez talk about a hilarious and original comment! :laugh:

Spoiler

Reply 44
I think messi is better than Bale because Messi plays an important role in the action mode. he knows how to goal a.d passing accurately
IFHY
Neymar > Bale
Aha, Messi is potentially the best player of all time... Bale has had a good 5 months and scored a few crackers, but he is nowhere near Messi until he can do it season after season.
Original post by Sharpshooter
Is Gareth Bale a better player than Messi?

He has everything, blinding pace, close control, strikes a ball so cleanly and powerfully, composed finisher, quite smart, great crosser, big, strong and good in the air and has been showing lately that he might have a pass or two in his locker as well.

Look at the way he scored that goal against Southamption today bullet shot outside the box from nowhere. He's scored more goals outside the box than anyone else in europe this season apparantly.

Lionel Messi is a small player, 5ft6.5 excellent at what he does, but would not have the physicality Bale would have, or his height/heading ability and power.

Bear in mind also Messi is surrounded by a load of star studded world class players, Bale is surrounded by people of nowhere near that calibre.

So is Bale potentially going to become a better player than Messi?

:facepalm:
Reply 49
Original post by J.Nalbandian14

Micheal Owen

I'm sorry what? He won the Ballon d'Or and without being crippled would have gone on to smash England's goal scoring record. What is to be over-rated? Unless you mean Owen in the past few years.
Original post by neymarFanboy
Neymar > Bale

IMO he's not
Reply 51
Dont think messi will ever score a goal like bale did vs wigan where he barely took a touch and fired it in. That one really stands out tbh as an original goal that will be hard to beeat.
in my opinion i still think rooney is the best player in the world
Neymar > Bale

Nope. Not yet anyway.

I don't think I've seen Neymar have a good game in all the ones where he's been in the spotlight... vs Great Britain, vs England, vs Barca, vs Argentina, vs Italy... I know he's whacking them in for Santos but it's not exactly the most challenging of leagues is it? Those games are enough to have at least one performance that makes you think "yeah, I can see why he's causing a lot of fuss". I'm sure there's more too (Russia as well he was poor). He's had some nice touches but he's looked quite impotent any time he's been up against quality players and his decision making is quite poor, he reminds me in some ways of Cristiano Ronaldo before 2006.

I'm sure he'll go on to be the best in the world one day and better than Bale but he's not there yet.
Original post by Wilfred Little
Nope. Not yet anyway.

I don't think I've seen Neymar have a good game in all the ones where he's been in the spotlight... vs Great Britain, vs England, vs Barca, vs Argentina, vs Italy... I know he's whacking them in for Santos but it's not exactly the most challenging of leagues is it? Those games are enough to have at least one performance that makes you think "yeah, I can see why he's causing a lot of fuss". I'm sure there's more too (Russia as well he was poor). He's had some nice touches but he's looked quite impotent any time he's been up against quality players and his decision making is quite poor, he reminds me in some ways of Cristiano Ronaldo before 2006.

I'm sure he'll go on to be the best in the world one day and better than Bale but he's not there yet.

He'll either follow in Robinho's footsteps - never living up to the hype, or he will become one of the greats. The 2014 World Cup will make or break him, a good one and he moves to Barca or Real and will truly dominate Europe. A bad one? hmmmm, i hope not :frown:
He'll either follow in Robinho's footsteps - never living up to the hype, or he will become one of the greats. The 2014 World Cup will make or break him, a good one and he moves to Barca or Real and will truly dominate Europe. A bad one? hmmmm, i hope not :frown:

tbh robinho didnt live up to the hype but that was because he was too hyped up - he's still pretty good
Original post by Idle
I'm sorry what? He won the Ballon d'Or and without being crippled would have gone on to smash England's goal scoring record. What is to be over-rated? Unless you mean Owen in the past few years.

Yeah I meant when he signed for Man Utd, but I should have specified it. I do rate him though, an exceptional player and fantastic goalscorer back in his best days. But the mass media made a big anecdote of him when Fergie snapped him up.

Also, who is this Neymar fanboy going around? He can't be considered in the same breath as the elite world-class players until he moves to Europe and proves himself, he doesn't currently play in a highly competitive league anyway.
Original post by iamgreatness
in my opinion i still think rooney is the best player in the world

Reply 58
Here's the deal, no he's not, I'm a Spurs fan and I know he isn't. But he is world class and some of the comments here are just ridiculous.
"Oh, he's only been good for 4 months", he won BPL player of the year two years ago, he's been a top player since then, if you don't know that you really shouldn't have an opinion on this. Secondly, he plays in a more competative league than Ronaldo and Messi, the average standard in the BPL is way above La Liga. Would either of them score as many in this league? Not a chance, especially if they weren't playing for Madrid/Barca there. Finally, both play in teams full of world class players all geared towards making them play well. Stick Bale in a team with Xavi, Iniesta and Alonso in La Liga and make him the central player. Will he outscore Ronaldo and Messi? Probably not. But 40, 50 goals a season just in the league? Yeah probably.
No, he is not. :facepalm2:

When Lionel Messi hangs up his boots, that will be the day we will be seeing the retirement of the best player to have ever played the game, in my opinion.
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest