The Student Room Group

TSR Guitar Society Mk II

Scroll to see replies

Is this thread still alive?

Anyone play acoustic fingerstyle, like Tommy Emmanuel and Andy McKee?
Original post by JindleBrey
Is this thread still alive?

Anyone play acoustic fingerstyle, like Tommy Emmanuel and Andy McKee?

I'm no good at Andy Mckee style but I can play half of lady Madonna/daytripper :ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jebedee
I'm no good at Andy Mckee style but I can play half of lady Madonna/daytripper :ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, Andy Mckee songs are difficult, Rylynn especially. I can play Keep It Simple and Angelina, my two favorite Tommy songs :smile:
Jesus, didn't even know there was a MK2 (shows how long since I've been on TSR). Guitar society not popular anymore? No-one plays guitar these days? :tongue:

Lets revive it - what's the latest piece you learnt? Mine is River Flow in You, by Yiruma.
^^The last acoustic song I learned was Andy's "Dreamcatcher"-

Although now that I study music at a classically-focused uni, I'm having to learn classical pieces instead
^^^ Never heard of any of those songs. Shows how up to date with Earth I am... Last song I learned was the solo section of La Grange by ZZ Top using my sw33t Pink Floyd tone. #OldSkl
My girl has a Ukulele at hers so I've been having a fiddle with that most recently. It's a fun little thing to play, though I do find myself desiring on with a errr.... nicer build quality.
I hope you guys' latest songs were learnt recently. Mine was 2 years ago - absolutely shameful! :p:
Yikes, this thread is like a graveyard, now. Looks like I missed all the McKee hype from ages ago lol, but I'm a huge fan. Currently learning The Reason, but I can play Drifting, Rylynn, All Laid Back and Stuff, Layover (which is actually a Michael Hedges cover, I am given to understand) and probably one or two more that I can't remember.
^^ i love playing "all laid back and stuff" and "ouray".
I may upload a classical piece i'm working on soon, just to keep the thread going :tongue:
Original post by danadd9
^^ i love playing "all laid back and stuff" and "ouray".
I may upload a classical piece i'm working on soon, just to keep the thread going :tongue:
Do it, mate!

Danadd9... another golden oldie on TSR, eh? I will be recording my version of The Reason once I've got it down (currently around the 90% mark - just got the fine-tuning to go, whereby I link up some of the trickier bars).
I'm looking forward to seeing what will be coming out of Summer NAMM over the next several days, a few new ones from the ESP line and a new limited edition run of the Epiphone Iommi SG are all I've seen so far.
Original post by Demon_AS
Do it, mate!

Danadd9... another golden oldie on TSR, eh? I will be recording my version of The Reason once I've got it down (currently around the 90% mark - just got the fine-tuning to go, whereby I link up some of the trickier bars).

I will, haven't brought myself to practice for the past few days but I will crack on!
Yep, I don't even remember how long i've been on here for ha.
I just gave The Reason a listen, it's a nice little tune. Would be good to see your rendition of it :smile:
Yay THE FIRST EVER POST in 2016!

... Hello? Anybody? Is this thread dead?

Can anyone give me advice on university societies? I want to play acoustic guitar with others and make friends who are keen on playing guitar. Do music societies consider guitar? I mean, like generally.
Original post by CinnamonSunset
Yay THE FIRST EVER POST in 2016!

... Hello? Anybody? Is this thread dead?

Can anyone give me advice on university societies? I want to play acoustic guitar with others and make friends who are keen on playing guitar. Do music societies consider guitar? I mean, like generally.

I wouldn't see any reason why not. Also, I always see people on campus with their acoustic guitars playing in between classes or what have you, keep an eye out for others and I'm sure they'd be happy to have someone to join in and play with or talk music.
Original post by motorhead281
I wouldn't see any reason why not. Also, I always see people on campus with their acoustic guitars playing in between classes or what have you, keep an eye out for others and I'm sure they'd be happy to have someone to join in and play with or talk music.

Sure, that'll be fun. I'll also ask around during fresher's fair. :biggrin:
Many universities have live music society or something similar, welcoming people interested in joining in.

If your uni doesn't have one, set one up!
I scored a new guitar the other day - well, it is used but new to me. It's a Jackson DK2M, made in Japan @ 2007. I've been wanting one of these for some time now, finally sold one of my old guitars and bought this one and loving it, especially the neck and maple fretboard:

IMG_0472.JPG
Hey guys:biggrin:
Was searching for a tsr guitar thread for sometime now. Glad I found it :3

Posted from TSR Mobile
Looking to buy a new guitar later this week - narrowed the options down to a Schecter C1 Stealth or an Ibanez RG421EXL - anyone any experience with either of those models or manufacturers in general?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest