The Student Room Group

University of Birmingham Nursing Firmers!

Scroll to see replies

Just the timetable for introduction week (I don't have anything for 30th Sept onwards yet) and also the reading list. I don't think there is anything else. There was a little bit of info telling you how to apply for a parking permit but that was it from the pack. xxx
:smile:
Reply 101
Hey everyone, I needed some help i just received my Immunisation History Record to get filled in some days back. And i have all the needed vaccinations however, do not have any of the Hepatitis B injections.
What shall i do as speaking to the GP they do not do Hepatitis B Injections.

Also, can someone send me a copy of the timetable i havn't recieved mine :/
Original post by Sadz95
Hey everyone, I needed some help i just received my Immunisation History Record to get filled in some days back. And i have all the needed vaccinations however, do not have any of the Hepatitis B injections.
What shall i do as speaking to the GP they do not do Hepatitis B Injections.

Also, can someone send me a copy of the timetable i havn't recieved mine :/

Hi, I also couldn't get Hep vaccines from my Doctor so I went to the occupational health dept at my local hospital and I have been getting them for £16 each. It was the cheapest I found as some places charge about £40 each vaccine. Try and get your first injection, making sure whoever gives it to you fills the form in, then write the date and time of your next appointment on the form and send it to the Uni. They should be ok because that's what I have done but I would definitely try your local hospitals Occupational health dept :smile: xx
Reply 103
Hey folks!

I too start on the 23rd Sept. Feeling a combination of major excitement and fart inducing nerves! :wink:
I'm wondering if the facebook group that's been suggested in previous posts has been created yet? If so, can someone let me know it so i can join?
Lauren xx
Reply 104
Hi Michelle, Thanks for getting back to me. By any chance was it any of the hospitals in Birmingham and if yes which one? :smile:
Once we start uni properly on the 30th there is a form we can fill out also to get our money back for the Hep B jabs. My doctor didn't do them either and I also went to my local hospital (redditch) and got the done.

I am not sure about the year 1 facebook page I haven't seen one yet but would like to join. Have you seen the UoB Nursing age?
Hi, I had mine done at Walsall Manor Hospital but I'm sure most hospitals will do them :smile:. xx
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 107
Have people got all the books on the reading list? I haven't started buying them yet and I'm not sure whether I should buy them all or wait until I'm sure of the ones I will definitely need :frown: help please!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sannah.x
Have people got all the books on the reading list? I haven't started buying them yet and I'm not sure whether I should buy them all or wait until I'm sure of the ones I will definitely need :frown: help please!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am only goin g to get the ones that we might have to use for the whole 3 years. That's about it, I think the rest you will find in the library.

They do say, that sometimes you should delay getting them, so you can borrow them first from the librar and if they really suit your learning style you can buy them.
Reply 109
Original post by SummerBunny
I am only goin g to get the ones that we might have to use for the whole 3 years. That's about it, I think the rest you will find in the library.

They do say, that sometimes you should delay getting them, so you can borrow them first from the librar and if they really suit your learning style you can buy them.

Thanks for replying! And yeah I think I'm going to get a few, the ones I think I'll need and wait for the rest!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 110
People! Can you believe it's our freshers week tomorrow! Can't wait to meet you all bright and early tomorrow morning! Yay. Here's to the next 3 years!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 111
All the best to those who are starting tomorrow (or who have already done). Hopefully I shall see some of you guys soon :smile:
Original post by SummerBunny

This is good advice. I got all keen in the first year and brought a few books, rarely used them, they're now sat in a box under the stairs. The library at my uni was really good so I was able to get the books I needed from there. If you're a member of the RCN you can borrow books from their library, they will even post them to you.

Quick Reply

Latest