The Student Room Group

Names = attraction?

Scroll to see replies

i like his name, but i don't want to say it ._.
actually i think it's just because he's a lovely guy :c <3
I love old names a name doesnt make me judge a person at all I dont give much thought for it

Although I do feel sorry for my future kids as I love unusual old fashioned or just different names

For girls :
Clemmie
Darcie
Aoife
Ita

and boys:
Bertie
Doughie
Noah
Reply 82
Original post by beckaroo7
I liek normal names, like David

Original post by Plumstone
Most attractive men's names for me would be: David

Ladies :wink:

Personally, I think my name, which is David if someone hasn't managed to figure that out, is boring as f*ck, and every other common name I consider in the same vein.

I like less common names personally. I'd give you a list, but I can't really think of any, which is kinda the point. If I meet someone new and they're called Lauren, Steve, Amy, Jeff etc, then I'm going to forget that in an instant. If I hear a name I haven't heard before, then it's more likely to stick.

But no, name doesn't matter in a partner. People can have their names changed anyway, it's not a permanent feature of someone. People even have nicknames if it's not an official change.
A good name is a good name, it doesn't and shouldn't affect attraction.

Elijah. Other versions of this name are Elias and Ilyas (my one).
My favourite boys names are:

- Sebastian
- Richard
- Zachary
- Declan
- Conrad
Reply 85
Original post by Technetium
My favourite boys names are:

- Sebastian
- Richard
- Zachary
- Declan
- Conrad

I like these names too aswell as
- Dale
-Nathan
And Nate

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by rayjay2
I like these names too aswell as
- Dale
-Nathan
And Nate

Posted from TSR Mobile

I like the name Nate too, the full version being Nathaniel :h:
Reply 87
I like the name Nate too, the full version being Nathaniel :h:

Yeaaah haha :tongue: so whats your name?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by rayjay2
Yeaaah haha :tongue: so whats your name?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Technetium. Duhhh :rolleyes:
Reply 89
Technetium. Duhhh :rolleyes:

Thats your real name?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by rayjay2
Thats your real name?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah... do you like it?! XD
I always thought names had some sort of effect on people , isnt it wierd ?

Im pretty much ****ed because I have a name so unique ive never come across another person with it in all my 18 years , its not one of those ****ty celebrity names like paris btw . Its an ancient historical figure from a foreign country , people often seem to have the audacity to tell me my name is "wierd/unusual" the first time we meet .

It sounds almost alien on the tongue and I cant help but think it doesnt exactly help me come across attractive . I would tell people it but the name is so unique it would probably top the google search list and people would see this post for all eternity , also my anonyminity would be ****ed :/
I suppose there's something in it. There are some names that I absolutely cannot stand (usually due to have a bad experience of someone with that name) or instantly conjure up images. For example, Norman is mentioned in the OP - that's a name I'd associate with old men. And the only Norman I've ever known was the creepy caretaker from my secondary school.

I also think unusual names can help with remembering someone, but I wouldn't say someone's name would instantly make me attracted to them :p:

There are a few names I particularly like, but more in the sense that I'd name my children them. I don't have any girls' names in mind, but my 'top three' for boys are Michael, Jude and Sebastian :B

My boyfriend's name is Andrew. Everyone else calls him Andy and I'm the only one who calls him Andrew.. but I prefer that to Andy.
Original post by Kinky Slinky
Well I'm a girl, I'm Russian and I wouldn't consider myself unattractive but I hate my name. Daria.

Everytime a nice guy tries to get to know me like at a bar or anywhere when I'm out it's always the most awkward moment when he asks me for my name.

"So what's your name?"
"Daria."
"Oh right erm, that's um, a nice name. Like Darius the God?"
"No."

It's just a nightmare. But hey it doesn't stop me getting dates. I just smile and I've learned to laugh at how every guy has a different and unique reaction to my name. It's quite funny. But I do wish my name was less awkward sometimes. Or all the time. Yeah all the time.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You don't get people asking you about the show "Daria"? That's the first thing that comes to my mind not Darius (a god?? I've never heard of a god called Darius - it's a Persian king).
My name is Usama...so yeah.........................
Reply 95
Boys name i like : Broski, Klashnekovski, Fearleski, Levski & Robertski
Reply 96
Just depends on who you've known really.
Hate the name Amy nowadays due to an ex who terrorized my life throughout secondary school.
Love the name Tavia or Becky due to the fact that 2 girls I really liked had those names.
Also find the name Samantha for a girl interesting but want to call my daughter it (if I ever have one) so wouldn't really wanna be with a girl called Samantha.
Original post by Rarrgh
Just depends on who you've known really.
Hate the name Amy nowadays due to an ex who terrorized my life throughout secondary school.
Love the name Tavia or Becky due to the fact that 2 girls I really liked had those names.
Also find the name Samantha for a girl interesting but want to call my daughter it (if I ever have one) so wouldn't really wanna be with a girl called Samantha.

:rofl:
Original post by LittleRedMonster
Don't worry I hate my name too! I'm called Róisín (pronounced row-sheen) and people really can't say it. It only sounds right if you know how to pronounce it correctly (which isn't really easy with the accent of where I'm from).

People generally call me raisin because the spelling is similar and when I was small a teacher mis-read my name and I was called that for an entire year! She didn't believe me that my mother hadn't named me after a dried grape!

Wow hahaha xD that's pretty funny, I'm glad I'm not the only one!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sabertooth
You don't get people asking you about the show "Daria"? That's the first thing that comes to my mind not Darius (a god?? I've never heard of a god called Darius - it's a Persian king).

No I've never been asked about the show, I haven't heard of it actually!
Sometimes I get asked if it's like Dora, as in Dora the Explorer. In a Russian version of that cartoon Dora is actually called Daria, which makes it even more confusing and unfortunate.

It is a Persian king! But someone once asked me if it was like the god, maybe they got it confused but I thought there was a god. There's likely to be all sorts of manly historical and fictional characters associated with my name!

Why there are no famous female associations with my name will forever baffle me.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending