The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Asterisk49
Sounds correct. I was gonna mention Hansa but since it was expansion and I had little time to think it over, I didnt cause henry restricted them and then gave them their privilidges back

Posted from TSR Mobile

ok thankyou! hopefully i did ok :s-smilie:
Original post by Endless Blue
Don't worry, I didn't get 7 full points in! That would be literally impossible :tongue:. I went really in depth on the nobility, finances and immediately after Bosworth (I think? Can't exactly remember, I wrote too much on that Q) and only had time to briefly mention the other factors in the conclusion, where I made a judgement saying "Overall he was very successful because of X and then also because of [those reasons]." The only thing I'm worried about is my lack of balance for the first question, but I did find it a hard one to balance anyway but ran out of time to fit in my second unsuccessful paragraph.

I'm sure you've done well :smile:

How many embargos on burgundy were there.

I only found 1 in the book yet I heard there were 2?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sighnomore
Just felt I could throw in some predictions as to what it coming up.

Since trade came up in January and they tend to avoid putting it in, and my history teacher thinks it is unlikely. She's a whizz at what's came up and her predictions are what I'm going by. We have a feeling that there will be a consolidation of power as question 1 and Wolsey's fall from power in probably going to be question 3

PROPHECY!!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
How many embargos on burgundy were there.

I only found 1 in the book yet I heard there were 2?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I only know of the one vs. Warbeck in 1493.
I only know of the one vs. Warbeck in 1493.

I had heard before the exam that there was a second but if you dont know for sure, theres no putting it in.

Am I right?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 165

Would love if someone could prophecy about Unit 2O like this

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 166
What are you lot doing for Unit 2? I'm doing Nazi Germany, anyone else?
Original post by johngob

Vietnam here :smile:
Reply 168
Vietnam here :smile:

I would have preferred to have studied that, I find it more interesting and I've been doing the Nazis for like 3 years :/
Original post by johngob

'Nam

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 170
Nam? lool, is that a 'nah' an 'I'am'
Reply 171
Or is that short for Vietnam loool, I think you mean that.
Original post by johngob
Nam? lool, is that a 'nah' an 'I'am'

'NAAMMMMMM!!!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 173
LOOOL I'll take that as a yes! Does that paper have source Q's?
Original post by johngob
LOOOL I'll take that as a yes! Does that paper have source Q's?

Yes, all unit 2 modules do :smile:
Reply 175
Yes, all unit 2 modules do :smile:

Oh thanks :smile: and how does you go about answering the 12 and 24 mark source Q's?
Original post by johngob
Oh thanks :smile: and how does you go about answering the 12 and 24 mark source Q's?

12 marker - 2 points of difference, one point of similarity then conclusion assessing the overall difference. Use own knowledge throughout to explain why the views differ etc. (throw in knowledge wherever suitable, really).

24 marker- IMPORTANT: treat it as a normal 24 mark question in the style that you answer it, but then use the sources to develop your points or as evidence. So, e.g if Tudors was unit 2 (I know it isn't)... Henry VII was hugely successful in improving royal finances through doing XYZ. Source C also supports this......

Hope that helps a little, sorry for the poor explanation.
Reply 177
12 marker - 2 points of difference, one point of similarity then conclusion assessing the overall difference. Use own knowledge throughout to explain why the views differ etc. (throw in knowledge wherever suitable, really).

24 marker- IMPORTANT: treat it as a normal 24 mark question in the style that you answer it, but then use the sources to develop your points or as evidence. So, e.g if Tudors was unit 2 (I know it isn't)... Henry VII was hugely successful in improving royal finances through doing XYZ. Source C also supports this......

Hope that helps a little, sorry for the poor explanation.

It's a great explanation, thanks :smile: My teacher told me to do it almost identically, good luck for it :smile:
Original post by johngob

Liberal Democracies - which is basically the French Revolution, the American Revolution and the Great Reform Act in Britain all rolled into one, with a bit of Ancient Athens and the Netherlands thrown in there as well just in case we didn't already have enough topics to learn... :rolleyes:
Russia! Stalinism. Which it is easier to understand I think . But I did love learning about the Tudors.

Posted from TSR Mobile kno

Latest

Trending

Trending