The Student Room Group

I will never find a good job because I'm terrible at maths....advice?

I am absolutely shocking at mathematics. I was considering going back to education to study Physiotherapy or something health/biology related, but I am really bad at maths and I feel like there is no point.

I am almost 25 and I never went to University. I have been working in a job I do not like for long enough. I like studying and reading, but without a good comprehension of maths, I am sure I will never find a good job.

I was also considering studying English, but I'm really not sure. I hear lots of people talking about "English is a worthless degree" etc. The thing is, my only strengths are that of Humanities/creative degrees.

I am really confused about the type of career I want to pursue. The maths issue is the main problem for me, though.

Any advice?
Reply 1
are you talking about the qualification side of things?

Most jobs (unless it specifically deals with math) only require basic knowledge.

What did you get at GCSE?
Original post by WhiteWalker
I am absolutely shocking at mathematics. I was considering going back to education to study Physiotherapy or something health/biology related, but I am really bad at maths and I feel like there is no point.

I am almost 25 and I never went to University. I have been working in a job I do not like for long enough. I like studying and reading, but without a good comprehension of maths, I am sure I will never find a good job.

I was also considering studying English, but I'm really not sure. I hear lots of people talking about "English is a worthless degree" etc. The thing is, my only strengths are that of Humanities/creative degrees.

I am really confused about the type of career I want to pursue. The maths issue is the main problem for me, though.

Any advice?

Right well just work out how good at maths you need to be, then work your way up to it. It can be done but won't happen overnight so don't give up and have faith.
That's silly. I was rubbish At maths throughout school up until year 10. My maths is ok I work with money every day and I don't make mistakes. Not all jobs require extensive knowledge of maths. My mum wasn't good at maths and she is so good at what she does and it requires some maths.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending