The Student Room Group

Case of the ex. Please read and offer advice

My ex and I finally broke up about a month ago thereabouts. It wasnt the frst time but it seemed to be the last. We started talking again recently and met up, on the basis of being friends again.

Before that when hes drunk and high he texted me saying how miserable and unhappy he is without me and how much he loves me and that so I went seeing him in the hope we would get back with eachother.
The time there he kept on reminding me be it subtly or whatever that I wasnt his girl anymore and it really stung

It wasnt awks or anything like that though and we slept with eachother.I relayed that i wanted him back and he said I should give it time and be patient that we just started speaking again but we were behaving like we were back together thereabouts
The thing is I know if I dont say anything he wont come back to me and say he wants to be with me

I feel like he feels its better me being with him unofficially that way he doesnt have to care or worry about me but still express his love when he feels like it

Or he knows how miserable I am and is just giving me false hope to appease me, I asked him if that was the case and he said no.
I dont know man hes living his life whilst I feel like Im in limbo hes flirting and posting pics of other women and all that **** and he has no right to. Im not with him anymore

I lost a great guy cos of silly mistakes (that I do believe he overreacted on) and Im the one doing the pleading the begging the chasing the going all the way to see him and spending ridiculous amounts of transport money for just a day. hes living life and im still dwelling on things unable to function and move on
Reply 1
It is so weird that the exact same thing happened to me! I went out with a guy for 2 years then we didn't talk for 6 months and he came back and it went the exact same way. I ended up getting my hopes up for him to turn round and say he had changed his mind and we shouldn't be friends.
I think that with ex, if it doesn't work it doesn't and won't work another time. Obviously its upsetting at the start because you feel used and lied to, but you will realize that it is what is best and you will be stronger for it. The longer you wait to see if the hope you have comes true the more you will get hurt if it doesn't. I don't know your exact circumstances, but from my own experience, I would walk away before too much hurt is caused.
I agree with Kerry, trying for another go round rarely works. And he's obviously just using you for convenient commitment-free sex. Move on.
Don't have sex with your ex. No wonder you feel messed up. :facepalm:

Quick Reply

Latest