The Student Room Group

AQA Physics P3 May 23rd 2013 NEW SPEC

Poll

What will be the 6 mark question?

Official exam discussion for Physics May 23rd 2013 AQA NEW SPEC paper.
Feel free to post any useful revision tips ask questions.
Please ensure that you have read the site's exam rules before posting.
Specimen papers and specific specification details can be found at: http://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/science/gcse/physics-4403/past-papers-and-mark-schemes

Biology
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2291132

General Unit 3 discussion:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2296889

Unofficial Mark scheme
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2361118&p=42776551#post42776551
(edited 10 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Ive revised but im still so nervous. Hope grade boundaries are low!
Reply 2
Original post by memoona123456
Ive revised but im still so nervous. Hope grade boundaries are low!

They usually are for the third unit as it is more advanced. That being said, the people who take them are usually smarter which raises grade boundaries. It is the first in the series though so nobody really knows :s-smilie:
Original post by grammar12
They usually are for the third unit as it is more advanced. That being said, the people who take them are usually smarter which raises grade boundaries. It is the first in the series though so nobody really knows :s-smilie:

Yes thats true. We can only do our best xx
Reply 4
Yes thats true. We can only do our best xx

Very true, unfortunately I have an english literature exam the same day which will be very challenging! Best of luck! May I recommend the MyGCSEscience videos on youtube. If you haven't heard of them before, they are brilliant and cover all the topics of every level of exam from P1 to P3 xx
Reply 5
Very true, unfortunately I have an english literature exam the same day which will be very challenging! Best of luck! May I recommend the MyGCSEscience videos on youtube. If you haven't heard of them before, they are brilliant and cover all the topics of every level of exam from P1 to P3 xx

MyGCSEscience has saved me. Honestly. You do not realise how relieved I was when I saw that he uploaded the video for Transformers today!
Original post by Lucas.
MyGCSEscience has saved me. Honestly. You do not realise how relieved I was when I saw that he uploaded the video for Transformers today!

Omg same I was so relieved, I want him to do alcohols for C3 though now. And I will actually send him a massive cake/thank you present if I get all A* in my sciences. Hopefully!!
Reply 7
Omg same I was so relieved, I want him to do alcohols for C3 though now. And I will actually send him a massive cake/thank you present if I get all A* in my sciences. Hopefully!!

Yep, just alcohols & esters, then I will have to find him and bow down to his feet...
Reply 8

Definitely, I'd give some money to pay for something. He is so helpful!
This is probably the science exam that I'm most scared about because I just find Physics so boring to revise compared to the other two. I don't know what it is, it always seems fairly easy/simple when I revise it but then later when applying it to exam questions I can't do it very well. I suppose it's nice that I've done quite a bit better in the Physics ISA so if I don't do as well in the exams that'll make up for it.

Does anyone have any ideas what the six mark question could be? I'm thinking that it might either be about transformers or x-rays, but I'm not really sure. :s-smilie:
Reply 10
Original post by Dougieowner
This is probably the science exam that I'm most scared about because I just find Physics so boring to revise compared to the other two. I don't know what it is, it always seems fairly easy/simple when I revise it but then later when applying it to exam questions I can't do it very well. I suppose it's nice that I've done quite a bit better in the Physics ISA so if I don't do as well in the exams that'll make up for it.

Does anyone have any ideas what the six mark question could be? I'm thinking that it might either be about transformers or x-rays, but I'm not really sure. :s-smilie:

It could also be on how to find the centre of mass of an object. There isn't much else in Physics that it could be on really.
Reply 11
Comparing lens to cameras, how transformers work (may not be 6 marker but will 90% likely be in the exam), national grid, ultrasound and x rays, CT scanners the list goes on. They could make a 6 marker out of anything. If you did the unit 2 exams in January you would know how everyone was shocked by the chemistry 6 marker particularly!
Reply 12
Poll added
For MyGcseScience have you had a look at his website, he has arranged everything in order of topic and makes revision much easier.
Reply 14
How is everyone revising for this exam?
I think the 6 marker could be something to with a camera and eye :smile:
Reply 16
Original post by techno836
I think the 6 marker could be something to with a camera and eye :smile:

I remember that coming up in a specimen paper that I took, it was quite well suited to a 4 marker but because the camera and its components aren't part of the spec, I doubt they will use that for such a lot of marks- or at least I hope they don't!
I remember that coming up in a specimen paper that I took, it was quite well suited to a 4 marker but because the camera and its components aren't part of the spec, I doubt they will use that for such a lot of marks- or at least I hope they don't!

I just have the feeling it will be because its the part I least understand :L
Reply 18
Original post by techno836
I just have the feeling it will be because its the part I least understand :L

The part I don't really gel with is the diagrams in relation to the concave/convex lense and the focus point
Dreading this exam! Need to get an A atleast to be sure of a safe A overall, don't think it's possible for me to get an A* overall in Physics - will have to do some UMS calculations :wink:

6 mark question would be nice as eye/camera or eye components. I voted transformer but I'm not sure, I wouldn't mind this as the question either. Centre of mass 6 marker? What points would you guys write for that? :smile:

Latest