The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Changing course

I've firmed International Relations at Nottingham for 2013 entry but I've recently decided I'd rather do a straight politics degree.
I was planning to email them and ask if I'd be able to change but I'm not sure if that's the best way to go about it.
What are the chances they'd let me change, as far as I'm aware Politics is a less competitive course than IR so might that mean they're more likely to let me change?
Reply 1
I changed my course from Psychology to Finance, Accounting and Management by emailing them.
What happens is that they give your original UCAS application to the admissions tutor for the subject you want to change to and they decide if they want to give you an offer or not.
If you do get an offer it will be the same grades as your original one or higher, and you will only get an offer if there are spaces available on the course.
I emailed them in January so I think I was lucky with not all the offers for Finance, Accounting and Management being given out yet so I got one however I am not sure about now due to it being late in the application process.
Also, you have already firmed the International Relations course on UCAS. In order to change course this needs to be reflected by a change in UCAS Track; I dont think now after firming your course you can change anything.
You could still try emailing them to find out, however if I was you I would leave it until the start of university to change.
Tutors have told me that universities usually have quite a lot of leverage in the first week or two, meaning that if you give them sufficient reason to want to change they will let you providing again that there is a space on the Politics course.

Hope this helped :smile:
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending