The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Hi

I have just joined and seen your post. I am looking to apply, however I don't have any previous teaching experience other than work experience when i was a lot younger in school and camp america. Do you think this will greatly affect my application. I would be interested in what you think.

Thanks

Hannah
Original post by hannahtoteach
Hi

I have just joined and seen your post. I am looking to apply, however I don't have any previous teaching experience other than work experience when i was a lot younger in school and camp america. Do you think this will greatly affect my application. I would be interested in what you think.

Thanks

Hannah

applications for this year are closed, you can apply for 2015 cohort in July/August.
You don't need any teaching experience to become successful, my friend had none when she applied whereas I had some. I also know of someone who had teaching experience but failed the assessment centre.
I do think having some is extremely beneficial but honestly as long as you can display the core competencies in other things you can still do well.
how do you go about deferring your entry?
Officially applied! Fingers crossed. Now off to Reading Festival to take my mind off it...
Reply 964
I applied for Teach First last week. The waiting is horrible.
Reply 965
Hi everyone, I will be starting university in 2015 and have always wanted to go into teaching. Of course I may change my mind since it will be a few years before I'm able to apply but I am very interested in Teach First. I'm just wondering when people apply for example, my degree will be 4 years long, do I apply at the end of year three or at the end of year four? Also, I think it is good that I've looked into the programme long before application time so I can build up skills ie leadership etc throughout my time at university. Are there things people would suggest I look into other than getting work experience that could enhance my application rather than me panicking that I'm not a good enough candidate at the time haha? I would like to teach Secondary History btw - I'm aware that this is a very popular choice and so any advice on what people think would enhance my application would be gladly received!

Latest

Trending

Trending