The Student Room Group

Asked for an 'ideal' reference?

I aksed one of my lecturers if she would mind providing me with a reference for job applications. She agreed, but asked me to draft an ideal reference for her to work from :s-smilie:

Has any one else had a similar experience? Or could give me advice on what to write?
[QUOTE='Flo[ProActiv];42513994']I aksed one of my lecturers if she would mind providing me with a reference for job applications. She agreed, but asked me to draft an ideal reference for her to work from :s-smilie:

Has any one else had a similar experience? Or could give me advice on what to write?

I am asked to write references for students and this is her polite way of telling you that she doesn't know what to write. My own device for it is "I don't want to miss anything out, so...". I ask them for bulletpoints, mind, and then include/exclude as I see fit.

I have known flo[proactiv] for three years, in my capacity as her lecturer and personal tutor at Redbrick College. During this time she has consistently shown herself to be a diligent and bright young woman with a keen sense of responsibility toward her studies and her extra-mural activites. I am aware that she holds elected positions in a number of student societies and have been impressed by how she manages to combine an obvious dedication to these with the mature attitude she brings to the classroom.

Flo[proactiv] is a highly likeable young woman and unsurprisingly popular among her peers. While always modest, she has a firm sense of her own mind and values and a willingness and capacity to defend these in intelligent discussion. My experience in instructing her in the use of the SPSS package confirmed her as someone who is ready to listen and quickly able to master new skills.

Becuse of her intelligence, people-skills, time-management skills and maturity, I have no hesitation in endorsing Flo[proactiv]'s application for this position. I am confident she would be a valuable addition to the team at your (or any) organisation.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending