The Student Room Group

Good to be European

Reply 1
that's not optimistic- that's realistic.
Most people complaining here tend to forget that we are still better than vast majority of people. Things like: roof over the head, clean water, access to sanitary utilities, working health service accessible to everyone etc- all those things are luxuries elsewhere, but considered just a basics here.
Reply 2
Original post by simon_g
that's not optimistic- that's realistic.
Most people complaining here tend to forget that we are still better than vast majority of people. Things like: roof over the head, clean water, access to sanitary utilities, working health service accessible to everyone etc- all those things are luxuries elsewhere, but considered just a basics here.

Humans are relative beings. And the rich in our country are closer to compare to than the poor across the world.
Reply 3
It all seems perfectly reasonable to me. The EU does do a lot more than simply oversee the movement of money. Yeah, it has it's flaws and doesn't always live up to it's ideals, but it's far better than any other strategy which has ever been tried to get some sense of unity in Europe.
Reply 4
Original post by mmmpie
It all seems perfectly reasonable to me. The EU does do a lot more than simply oversee the movement of money. Yeah, it has it's flaws and doesn't always live up to it's ideals, but it's far better than any other strategy which has ever been tried to get some sense of unity in Europe.

It doesn't need unity, it just needs good relations.
I liked the sentence in that article - "Europe is having a terrible time except compared with probably every other continent and any time in history." Very accurate. :cool:
Reply 6
Original post by Joeman560
It doesn't need unity, it just needs good relations.

Unity, co-operation, good relations... however you look at it, the last time everybody played this nicely together was the height of the Roman empire.
Original post by Fullofsurprises
I liked the sentence in that article - "Europe is having a terrible time except compared with probably every other continent and any time in history." Very accurate. :cool:

Entirely accurate although the mistake would be to attribute any of this to the existence of the EU

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending