The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

how lenient is the university of manchester?

hi,
I've firmed uni of manchester as i have a conditional of 35 points with 6,6,5 at HL in the IB for their management course. I'm halfway through my IB exams and they aren't going as well as i had hoped:frown:
i was wondering if manchester is generally quite lenient with meeting conditionals and if so to what extent?
We don't know. It depends on a number of things, which change year-by-year and course-by-course
- if they have already filled all the places with people who did meet their offer, or if they still have a few spaces left
- if they think they can fill up their remaining spaces with better quality candidates by going through clearing or by accepting people who just missed their offer
- whether the grades that you actually got were ABB or higher (universities can be fined for over-recruiting people with BBB or below; this is not the case for people with ABB+; I'm not sure what the situation is for people doing IB)
- how narrowly you missed your offer
- if there was anyone else who missed their offer by a narrower margin
- whether you are an international student (if you are, then you are more attractive because you pay higher fees, and the government can't fine the university for over-recruiting internationals)
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Reply 2
thanks so much for the info! and yes i am an international student so hopefully if i do miss my conditional that would help :P
Reply 3
user_777
I was wondering if manchester is generally quite lenient with meeting conditionals and if so to what extent?

As mentioned previously, it depends on the course and the intake for that year. Generally speaking though, you should assume that you MUST achieve the offer.

If, for whatever reason, you fail to receive the required grades then contact the admissions department immediately. The sooner you do it, the better the position they are in to make alternative arrangements.

I believe the contact details you need to get any further questions answered are contained in the link below.

http://www.mbs.ac.uk/undergraduate/contact-the-ug-team.aspx

I hope this helps.

Darren

Quick Reply

Latest