The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Anyone else really hate "clubbing"?

Scroll to see replies

I don't like it, i'd prefer to go to the pub where you can chat to people but all the pubs close at 12 which is a bit crap, i don't want to go home that early. Depends how drunk i am i suppose :lol:
Im with you people!
its so awkward when Im with friends and they are all chatting about what they did the other night or how drunk they got last weekend!
loud and proud when i say that a great film and a nice cup of tea will always be my heaven :smile:

who agree's?
Original post by groovygal1224
Im with you people!
its so awkward when Im with friends and they are all chatting about what they did the other night or how drunk they got last weekend!
loud and proud when i say that a great film and a nice cup of tea will always be my heaven :smile:

who agree's?

I most certainly agree!
I can't stand it, though I can see the attraction for some people - if you like a) the music they play, b) being that drunk and c) the chances of puling random strangers then I'm sure it's great. For me though I can't stand the music, overheat ridiculously quickly and don't enjoy being rat-arsed in front of people I don't know.

Unfortunately, a number of my friends, who weren't previously that keen on it either, went off to uni and decided they did like clubbing after all. One even went so far as to have a massive go at me when I said that I thought clubbing was sh*t...
Reply 64
I never really liked clubbing myself, always went cause my friends loved too, don't get me wrong I don't mind the actual club, its just the dancing aspect ( I cant dance) and loudness ( I prefer talking and having a laugh) always preferred bars as a result. But I agree with everyone else, a good old night in with friends and some good food etc. is always more enjoyable, plus you're friends wont deny you entry if you turn up in you're lounge wear lol
Reply 65
If your definition of "clubbing" is lava/Ignite, Mercy, The Works, Vodka Revs etc then no wonder you think it's crap.

If you define it as those small awesome places that are hidden away, have interesting DJs, open til 6, full of awesome people and music (not ****ing chart, anything from house through to metal, whatever your taste).... and you still think it's crap, then you're just boring. Who woulbn't want to go to a place playing their favourite music with all their mates.

Frankly, if you're not enjoying going out to clubs then you're being lazy and picking somewhere crap and I have little sympathy.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 66
Night clubs are crap! much rather be in a place where I can actually hear what people are saying to me like a pub or at home like other people have been saying in this thread playing video games, watching a dvd etc.
Reply 67
My liver hates clubbing.
Reply 68
However contrary to what I have just said, I do tend to go to clubs when I am abroad especially on the canary Islands. They are much better than night clubs in England.
It's taken me 4 years to admit that I don't like it...
Yeah I agree OP, Ive never liked clubs, luckily none of my friends are mad about clubs either so it's all good!
Reply 71
Original post by NW86
If your definition of "clubbing" is lava/Ignite, Mercy, The Works, Vodka Revs etc then no wonder you think it's crap.

If you define it as those small awesome places that are hidden away, have interesting DJs, open til 6, full of awesome people and music (not ****ing chart, anything from house through to metal, whatever your taste).... and you still think it's crap, then you're just boring. Who woulbn't want to go to a place playing their favourite music with all their mates.

Frankly, if you're not enjoying going out to clubs then you're being lazy and picking somewhere crap and I have little sympathy.

God forbid people have different preferences.
Never been, not planning to, I knew they were over-rated :ahee:
Reply 73
I just can't understand the appeal of clubs, it seems to be:
-Que in the freezing cold to hand over most of your money
-Enter a horrible dank room that smells of sweat
-Que to order an overpriced drink
-Que to go to the sick-splattered toilet
-Be groped by strangers who don't understand the phrase "F*ck off, I have a boyfriend"
-Lose your voice shouting over the deafening music.

All of this has made it difficult to make friends in my first year at uni. I'll be nicely chatting with someone and then as soon as another person comes over all they can talk about is which club they went to last night or are going to go to tonight.
No one seems to want to go to pubs instead :frown:
Reply 74
I 81st this!
Original post by NW86

Or, alternatively, you could be on the autistic spectrum and genuinely be unable to cope with too much noise or too many crowds. x.x
Reply 76
Sorry, *queue
Reply 77
I never got the whole ' i was so drunk' phenomenon. I like having my own inhibitions. I like ideas, words, images, debates, discussions, memories sparking emotions in me, NOT alcohol.

The benefits of alcohol are far outweighed by the disadvantages!
Reply 78
Original post by Ellie-Lu
Sorry, *queue

It's to late to apolagize , no it's too late to apolagize
Reply 79
I enjoy clubbing, but only when in the right mood and with the right people and place. It's crap going to a club where everyone is too cool to let go and enjoy themselves, but you can't beat a funny night out with your friends dancing to some great music. It's good stress relief if you don't overdo it. Also I think it has to be a sporadic thing. It gets really tiresome if you do it too frequently in a short space of time.
At the moment I am just dying for a night out, studying and writing assignments for uni means I haven't had chance to go out and blow off some steam :frown:

Latest

Trending

Trending