The Student Room Group
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton

Sussex Accomodation

Hi,

If all goes to plan (hopefully) I'll be going to Sussex this September.Trying to sort out accomodation and I was just wondering if anyone has any advice. I want a really social accomodation but somewhere which is clean and not too grotty haha. Park Houses is one which I'm considering since I've heard its quite good socially but the accomodation seems to vary to large extents; some parts of it look fine where as others look quite grotty. Lewes Court (without an en suite) looks really nice but some have said its quiet and not too sociable. So basically has anyone got any advice because I suck at making decisions and I have no idea which one to pick :L Thanks in advance!
Reply 1
Original post by Blawrr
Hi,

If all goes to plan (hopefully) I'll be going to Sussex this September.Trying to sort out accomodation and I was just wondering if anyone has any advice. I want a really social accomodation but somewhere which is clean and not too grotty haha. Park Houses is one which I'm considering since I've heard its quite good socially but the accomodation seems to vary to large extents; some parts of it look fine where as others look quite grotty. Lewes Court (without an en suite) looks really nice but some have said its quiet and not too sociable. So basically has anyone got any advice because I suck at making decisions and I have no idea which one to pick :L Thanks in advance!

I stayed in Park Houses last year, and it was pretty decent (well-worth the money). It is very sociable as you are more likely to meet people as you are sharing with 12 others. The one thing about park houses is that it can be a bit noisy, but around April-May-June time it dies down as everyone knuckles down for exam season. Don't get me wrong lewes court is good as well, but what you said is true that it is a bit unsociable. So if you are a lively person looking for a lively place to live then park houses is a great place to live.
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton

Quick Reply

Latest