University of Bristol
Bristol

Postgraduates 2013/2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by smorga30
Congrats to you! Sounds solid.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you - hopefully everything will fall into place, after lots of preparation and hard work of course!
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Reply 81
Original post by Jasmine_O
Hey there! What programme are you doing? Did you sort out your housing? Also an American will be staying in Deans Court. Leaving in 2 weeks can't wait!

Where are you from? I will be there in three weeks, jealous!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by isadorala
Hello, I've just accepted an offer for the MSc in Transfusion and Transplantation Science and am also still looking for accommodation. As an EU student it will be difficult to come over. Are there any I should definitely avoid because they have a bad rep or are very 'party' orientated?

Hi there!

This doesn't actually answer your question but I'm coming to Bristol to do Philosophy of Biological and Cognitive Sciences (MA) in Sept 2013 and am looking for a female to share a bunk bed studio with me (King Square Studios owned by CRM). The price is 89 pounds per week. Please refer to this website: http://www.crm-students.com/crm-accommodation/bristol/king-square-studios/

If you haven't found any accommodation yet, please message me as soon as possible and maybe we can work something out. Looking forward to hear from you soon! :smile:
Reply 83
Hi everybody!

I'm another American starting at Bristol in the fall! I also applied to Dean's Court but still waiting for a response. I can't wait to move over!
Reply 84
Hello

I have just got accepted on the MSc Nutrition, Physical Activity, and Public Health ... and I'm really looking forward to it, but a little stressed about accommodation.

I will try for uni postgrad accommodation but pretty sure its too late.

However, Bristol Uni is having a house search event from 28th-30th August, which looks interesting.

Would love to find a place before that but I think that may be my best bet.

Anyone looking for a flatshare please get in contact!

See you soon

P.S. I hope there are postgrad get togethers ... I want to meet you all!

http://www.bristol.ac.uk/accommodation/announcements/2013/16.html
Reply 85
Original post by mcdoyle
Hi everybody!

I'm another American starting at Bristol in the fall! I also applied to Dean's Court but still waiting for a response. I can't wait to move over!

Hi! Where are you from? When do you arrive?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 86
Moving to Bristol in a matter of days. Thought it would be good to go there and get settled before the course start in Sept. Was wondering if any of you guys have signed up for any freshers events, etc? Feel free to contact me, would love to get to know as many people as possible. My accommodation is close to the city centre.
Reply 87
Original post by Sandman62
Moving to Bristol in a matter of days. Thought it would be good to go there and get settled before the course start in Sept. Was wondering if any of you guys have signed up for any freshers events, etc? Feel free to contact me, would love to get to know as many people as possible. My accommodation is close to the city centre.

Where are you from? What are you studying?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 88
Hey Postgrads! I'm starting a part-time MA in Classics and Ancient History - I'm living with a friend which is a blessing as the hall I applied for decided they weren't accepting students. o.0 Unfortunately though I've had to move into my house very recently so I'm just lurking around for a month... is anyone else already here and losing their wits through boredom?
Reply 89
Original post by smorga30
Where are you from? What are you studying?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm moving from London and will be studying my Masters in Computer Science
Reply 90
Original post by Starling
Hey Postgrads! I'm starting a part-time MA in Classics and Ancient History - I'm living with a friend which is a blessing as the hall I applied for decided they weren't accepting students. o.0 Unfortunately though I've had to move into my house very recently so I'm just lurking around for a month... is anyone else already here and losing their wits through boredom?

I'll be in somewhat of a similar situation since I'm moving to Bristol on Friday (a month before uni starts). Hopefully I'll be able to check out the best of what Bristol offers in this month. How exactly sure what I'll be doing though until uni starts
Reply 91
I'm doing International Relations but haven't heard of anyone else on here doing that too yet. Looking forward to meeting lots of people, so feel free to add me on Facebook (send me a private message!). Turns out my application to Woodland Court was successful so I'll be moving in there at the end of Sept! :smile: Anyone else in Woodland Court?
Reply 92
Original post by dltp2013
I'm doing International Relations but haven't heard of anyone else on here doing that too yet. Looking forward to meeting lots of people, so feel free to add me on Facebook (send me a private message!). Turns out my application to Woodland Court was successful so I'll be moving in there at the end of Sept! :smile: Anyone else in Woodland Court?

Hi! I'll be staying in woodland court too! I'm taking up msc economics finance and management! You can message me :smile: see you there!
Reply 93
I'll be moving into Bristol next week too, but I think I'll manage to keep myself busy jobhunting and assembling furniture. :P It'd be good to meet up with some other lost postgrads for an I-don't-know-anyone-in-this-city drink, though. Perhaps someone who does know something about Bristol could suggest somewhere to go. :smile:
Reply 94
Original post by EKC
I'll be moving into Bristol next week too, but I think I'll manage to keep myself busy jobhunting and assembling furniture. :P It'd be good to meet up with some other lost postgrads for an I-don't-know-anyone-in-this-city drink, though. Perhaps someone who does know something about Bristol could suggest somewhere to go. :smile:

That would be great! I arrive next week as well and have decided to fill my time with buying and assembling home decor.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 95
Original post by edders
Hey guys, I have been here for a year already and 3 more to go as a PhD student in the complexity centre :smile: would be great to meet a few of you if you plan a meet up, I have plenty of flexibility with my time :tongue:

I'll be doing the complexity science MRes there, how is it??
Looking forward to arriving, although mi student visa will still take a few weeks to come through
Reply 96
Original post by EKC

Ive been here three years already, so although I don't think I'll be out for drinks the next few weeks due to other commitments, I have had many, many drinks in this city, and happy to help!
the apple on welsh back is a cider institution, check that out. Bar 51 on stokes croft is a personal fav of mine, so is bank of stokes croft (across the street from 51); I'm actually going there tonight.
Steer clear of the harbourside. Park street and Clifton triangle can be good if you like a quite young crowd (as in 18-23), but otherwise avoid at all costs. Start the bus on corn street is good too, and its just down the road from mr Wolfs on st Stephens street, where they have live music every weekend and great atmosphere.

I'm so excited to get back to studying!!
Reply 97
Original post by EKC

In pretty much the same boat. Moved to Bristol 2 weeks ago but haven't had much to do other than a few nights out with my housemates. Currently job hunting but have a lot of spare time
Hello everyone!
I will be starting an MSc in economics, finance and management in sept, but before that I was at Nottingham. Anyhow, I was just wondering if there was anyone still house hunting? Anyone have a room left in their house? I'd love to live with fellow students and have had plenty of practice in being a great housemate, haha. If there is anyone else out there studying economics, finance and management, please drop me a line! I'd love to hear from you!
Original post by AnneGo
Hi everyone!

I'll be studying MSc Economics Finance and Management this September! I'm an international student as well and will be staying in Woodland Court! Will there be anyone else staying in the same UNi housing?

Hi! I am doing the same course as well, so I just thought I would say hello! It would be nice to Sort of know someone before uni starts. I'm still looking for a place to live, though :-(

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending