The Student Room Group

Metropolitan Police Graduate Scheme 2013

Hi,

I was just wondering if anyone else is thinking of applying to the Met 2013 grad scheme - and if there's any information on when applications open?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I was thinking about applying but they do not seem to have updated their website to reflect 2013 entry....
Reply 2
I'm not sure if they are doing it anymore, I've emailed the HR team at the MET Police but haven't received a reply since sending it a week or two ago.
Reply 3
Original post by whiteev
I was thinking about applying but they do not seem to have updated their website to reflect 2013 entry....

I actually applied for the graduate entry for the Met in 2012, and was unsuccessful due to finding the initial screening tests incredibly difficult. I was familiar with the website for the graduate recruitment.

They have revamped the entire graduate section of the website recently. I know this because I have been checking it periodically since 2012. It has recently been updated with new information and an entirely new design.

Take from this what you will. It suggests to me there will be graduate recruitment shortly. I will be keeping my eye on the website for more information.
Reply 4
Original post by david19
I'm not sure if they are doing it anymore, I've emailed the HR team at the MET Police but haven't received a reply since sending it a week or two ago.

Have you had a response yet?
Has anyone applied?
Reply 6
Hi everyone,

I have applied to the new grad scheme, passed the two initial tests just awaiting further instructions now.

Has anyone else applied?
Reply 7
I am applying for this scheme and registered interest as required a little while ago.

The three online assessments were meant to become available yesterday but seem not to have. Not sure when this will happen. I know they had delays and hiccups with the progress of the last grad recruitment drive they ran.
Reply 8
Hi guys,

I too have registered for the scheme. I received an email this morning confirming links for the three online tests will be sent out soon. I'm pretty nervous as I read everyone last year found them extremely difficult.
Reply 9
I've just sat these tests...found them quite difficult and hard to gauge how well it went

Does anyone know when we hear back about the results for these/ has anyone heard back?
Reply 10
What did you find difficult about them? I haven't yet done them.

Results and feedback are released after the stage closes so on or after the 15th December.
Any know if graduates have to complete the CKP not liking the price tag attached :frown:
Reply 12
You have to have attained the CKP by September 2014 (when the scheme starts). It does say though that you may want to wait until April to find out if you are successful at the assessment centre first though.

Full info: http://www.metpolicecareers.co.uk/graduates/becoming-a-police-officer.html
Best get saving if successful, not sure what I made of the judgement test, fingers and toes crossed.
Reply 14
Hi Everyone,

I also applied to the Met police Graduate Scheme.

I've passed the 3 online tests.

Yesterday i was sent the link for the online application form.

Does anyone know the day 1 pass mark for the grad scheme? As for the normal police constable recruitment its set at 55%.

:wink:
Oh ive not heard anything yet :frown:. Well done. Now im worried.
Reply 16
I've also completed them but yet to hear anything back. Just have to wait and see...

f4isal, as far as I'm aware the day one pass mark is exactly the same and you could be assessed with people not applying for the grad scheme.
Reply 17
Original post by treebeard999
on the London factor assessment, what stance did people take in relation to feelings vs facts, and consistent approach vs. different approach with different backgrounds. Any advice would be much appreciated!

I don't want to go into too much depth on what I did since they're individual tests but I just though about the need to always be professional in these types of situations and not get too involved. Saying that I did mine last week and haven't received an application form yet so I'm hardly an authority!

At the end of the day they're testing how you would react personally, I've no idea how they score but taking a common sense approach is probably the best option.

I know that's not overly helpful but without going into specifics I'm not sure there's much else I can say.

Good luck!
Any one heard anything yet? Not expecting to here anything on a weekend but wondered if any one else had heard?
Reply 19
Original post by Darkstar2014
Any one heard anything yet? Not expecting to here anything on a weekend but wondered if any one else had heard?

My friend and I both did the tests early last week, nothing yet... To be fair the test days haven't even closed yet so not expecting anything 'til at least next week. Could theoretically even be after Christmas if someone has to physically look at them rather than automatic scoring.

Quick Reply

Latest