The Student Room Group

AQA The Making of Modern Britain, 1951-2007 HIS3M

Scroll to see replies

I too have been worrying about my answer for question two. I focused my answer on Conservative economic successes and failures rather than problems and how they dealt with them. How likely am I to get penalised? :frown:
Original post by LastMinuteCram
I too have been worrying about my answer for question two. I focused my answer on Conservative economic successes and failures rather than problems and how they dealt with them. How likely am I to get penalised? :frown:

I chatted to my History teacher and Head of Sixth Form about my answer, as did my friend. My friend focused a lot on problems, while I talked about Monetarism, Privatisation and Black Wednesday/ERM Crisis and some problems they solved and ones they caused. Teachers said although we both structured it differently, they said it all sounded "valid" what we put it.

So I think I did the same as you - As long as you wrote about successes and failures, I reckon you'll still get a good mark :smile:
Original post by Tomocalypse
I chatted to my History teacher and Head of Sixth Form about my answer, as did my friend. My friend focused a lot on problems, while I talked about Monetarism, Privatisation and Black Wednesday/ERM Crisis and some problems they solved and ones they caused. Teachers said although we both structured it differently, they said it all sounded "valid" what we put it.

So I think I did the same as you - As long as you wrote about successes and failures, I reckon you'll still get a good mark :smile:

Hopefully, it's just going to be nagging at me until results day now.

Here, here. A lot of people answered it the way we did from my school too; we should be okay. I imagine the examiner's report will have a comment on the approach.
Original post by MSc0tt
Here, here. A lot of people answered it the way we did from my school too; we should be okay. I imagine the examiner's report will have a comment on the approach.

Fingers crossed. I'm kicking myself now, I should have explained what the problems were and how they were dealt with, if at all. Still, too late now...
Fingers crossed. I'm kicking myself now, I should have explained what the problems were and how they were dealt with, if at all. Still, too late now...

I did think that in the exam and added in a bit at the end of the success factors saying how the money they raised, for instance, privatisation was used to pay of debts. But that's the extent of it

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

I'm also concerned about not using historical quotes/opinions.
Original post by MSc0tt
I'm also concerned about not using historical quotes/opinions.

It seems we have no choice now but to wait. :frown: I don't why it always takes so long to get our results, uni students get theirs after a few weeks.
Edit: Oops... Wrong thread

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MSc0tt

Let's hope so! I talked to my teacher and head of sixth and they said what I put was good so fingers crossed! Good luck to you too! (Loving The Office username too haha)

Me too :/ Oh well, keep your hopes and spirits high and just look forward to de-stressing from exams! There's so much to write about and you can't put it all in!
Original post by Tomocalypse
Let's hope so! I talked to my teacher and head of sixth and they said what I put was good so fingers crossed! Good luck to you too! (Loving The Office username too haha)

That's what she said!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well well well, two months later and the nerves are creeping in again. :wink: Results day is on Thursday and I'm feeling both excited and nervous. I think I did quite well, as have the rest of you I'm sure, but I'm still a little worried about my question 2 answer. The question asked how well Conservatives dealt with economic problems and instead I talked about economic successes/failures overall. I know many others did the same but it's still nagging at me. I think I'd cry if I messed this up after everything; it wouldn't be the end of the world but to do poorly because I didn't answer the question properly would be infuriating.
Results are in- I got an A in the exam! :biggrin: I'm so shocked, I was desperately aiming for a B but was really worried I'd messed up my chances with question 2. I'd love to know how well you guys did too after our weeks of posting and sharing tips/resources. :smile:
Reply 1174
Results are in- I got an A in the exam! :biggrin: I'm so shocked, I was desperately aiming for a B but was really worried I'd messed up my chances with question 2. I'd love to know how well you guys did too after our weeks of posting and sharing tips/resources. :smile:

Got a B-2 Marks off an A! Still happy though :smile:
A bit late but, I did too! I had only a few marks (maybe 2 also) off of an A, but it was more than enough to get me to SOAS!
Original post by Tabzqt
Thanks :smile: I get a lot of compliments from teachers about that.

If anyone needs any other essays/essay plans dumped just ask, and I'll check for you. I have quite a lot of A* essays on my memory stick.

Hey would you mind emailing me some of your essays from the different units to improve my grade please?
Original post by Tabzqt

If anyone needs any other essays/essay plans dumped just ask, and I'll check for you. I have quite a lot of A* essays on my memory stick.

I know this post was quite a while ago, but any chance you still have those essays and could send me some?
Also can anybody recommend good books for doing further reading?
Original post by Arkham55
I know this post was quite a while ago, but any chance you still have those essays and could send me some?
Also can anybody recommend good books for doing further reading?

I'm doing this exam this summer!
I would recommend Sked and Cook: Post War Britain
and K O Morgan: Britain since 1945, both excellent books from well regarded historians!
Original post by Tabzqt

Hi

I am doing this exam this summer, please could I have some of your essays?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending