The Student Room Group

Natural Sciences; Bath, Durham or UCL?

Hello! I'm a bit worried about my Uni course. I'm going to study NatSci next year and have offers from Bath, Durham and UCL (and Nottingham but I've already decided against that). Bath and Durham are A* in Physics offers, but UCL is unconditional. I've visited all three (though only Bath on an open day-snooping round a Uni when you're not supposed to be there is no fun), and I didn't really like UCL because I'd miss the countryside and open spaces. I finalised Durham with UCL as insurance yesterday, but I've got cold feet now. The Bath course was an MSc like the others, but it was 5 years, one year abroad, whereas the others are four years. I'd quite like a year abroad. I didn't like Bath campus that much, but I don't like the look of the college I've been allocated at Durham much, and now I'm just confused. Any advice appreciated, thanks.
The chances are if you get a bad feeling about firming Durham then you don't really want to go there. Personally I would choose Bath as I like the idea of a year abroad.
Reply 2
Yeah I'm coming round to that idea now... 1 day left to change it and I'm really panicking. I just don't know! And I know I'll regret it later...
Original post by Benjamin.F
Yeah I'm coming round to that idea now... 1 day left to change it and I'm really panicking. I just don't know! And I know I'll regret it later...

Hi,

I work in the Admissions team at Bath and have just noticed the above post.

If you have not already made a final decision, and have any questions relating to the course at Bath, or to Bath as a university, then please don't hesitate to ask- just quote me and I will do my best to reply as quickly as possible!
Original post by Benjamin.F
Hello! I'm a bit worried about my Uni course. I'm going to study NatSci next year and have offers from Bath, Durham and UCL (and Nottingham but I've already decided against that). Bath and Durham are A* in Physics offers, but UCL is unconditional. I've visited all three (though only Bath on an open day-snooping round a Uni when you're not supposed to be there is no fun), and I didn't really like UCL because I'd miss the countryside and open spaces. I finalised Durham with UCL as insurance yesterday, but I've got cold feet now. The Bath course was an MSc like the others, but it was 5 years, one year abroad, whereas the others are four years. I'd quite like a year abroad. I didn't like Bath campus that much, but I don't like the look of the college I've been allocated at Durham much, and now I'm just confused. Any advice appreciated, thanks.

I'd have said Bath over Durham, for sure. If you like countryside, definitely not UCL haha.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending