The Student Room Group

Buying teachers a thank you present

Is it normal to buy your teacher a thank you present at the end of the year??

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Absolutely. Know lots of people at my school who do that

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
ok just coz im in yr 13 and wanted to get my teachers a card and present to say thank you, what can i get??? i have 2 female teachers and 4 males????
Reply 3
amazon tokens are always acceptable.
we decided to get our latin teacher crates of High Juice from COstco coz he has a different bottle of it every day!
Reply 5
Yes. As long as it's not too posh. It's the intention that counts, so a symbolic gift would do:smile:
We let them have a week at the villa in Barbados.
Reply 7
Tamagotchi - universally accepted as the best gift ever.
Reply 8
Mugs! They get through enough of them. Planning to get my disorganised teacher one saying "Keep Calm And Pretend It's On The Lesson Plan"

Think you can personalise some too :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by Lizzie232
Mugs! They get through enough of them. Planning to get my disorganised teacher one saying "Keep Calm And Pretend It's On The Lesson Plan"

Think you can personalise some too :smile:

sounds awesome :smile:
I think I found these slate hearts which hang up do you think they will be ok for the females and mugs for the males with funny quotes?
Original post by mickymouse1995
I think I found these slate hearts which hang up do you think they will be ok for the females and mugs for the males with funny quotes?

or is this too cheesy??? also are homemade cards too ott????
Of course its 'normal'!
I'm going to buy my teachers presents at the end of the year, its usually something quite funny, along with a box of nice chocolates :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
when should i give it to them? after i get my results or in my last lesson???
what about ties??? for the men obvs :smile: do they go down well???
ok ive decided im going to make them blackboard mugs that are like amazing and fill them with sweets, when is the best time to give it to them??? after the results or exams or in the last lesson
ok just coz im in yr 13 and wanted to get my teachers a card and present to say thank you, what can i get??? i have 2 female teachers and 4 males????

Depends on the subject. I.e. if it was an English lit teacher, get them a book by one of their favourite authors or get them just a book you would recommend or think that they would like :smile:

If it was like a science teacher, maybe a personalised goggles?

As you can guess, I am not the best at getting gifts lmao!

I'm getting my English Lit teacher (who also teaches me for english lang) a costa coffee cause one day i walked into her lesson and she said she wanted one... she also reminded at the end of the lesson she wanted one. She wants a iced coffee vanilla latte! So im gonna get her one when we return for y13 in June, when the weather's nice.

-Life story over- aha
Reply 17
At least in the science department of my college, getting teachers presents certainly wasn't normal. Didn't stop me from getting a box of chocs (yes, very original) for my biology teacher, though!
Reply 18
Is it normal to buy your teacher a thank you present at the end of the year??

I'm sure a lot of people would do this if there in 6th form so yeh it's fine !
Reply 19
Original post by Vian
At least in the science department of my college, getting teachers presents certainly wasn't normal. Didn't stop me from getting a box of chocs (yes, very original) for my biology teacher, though!

Aw that's sweet,but you can't eat in the lab

Quick Reply

Latest