The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Zakatu
easy money, rip a note in half, go to bank, "£20 please", rip note, repeat.

I'm pretty sure you need to have both bits, or at least the bit with the metallic strip.

Whats the point in ripping up a £20 note only to go and ask for it to be replaced? :confused:

You need over half of the note to get it back. I accidentaly ripped a tenner last week (dont ask) but went into the bank, gave them the biggest piece and they gave me a replacement note.
Reply 21
gCarroll
gCarroll thinks this sounds like a scam.

gCarroll is back!
Navajo
Go and find a different half £20 note and stick them together?

:biggrin:
Reply 23
Bank will change it for you.
Reply 24
A bank will only change it if 3/4 of the note is intact, and the words 'i promise to pay the bearer on demand the sum of' is still legible.

It's very very unlikely you'll get a replacement note, unless the cashier is tired, pissed off and can't be bothered arguing with you.
I work for a bank.
Reply 25
Talya
gCarroll is back!

gCarroll will always be with you.
Reply 26
gCarroll
gCarroll will always be with you.

I always knew gCarroll was God.
Reply 27
gCarroll cannot attest to that. However he can confirm his commitment to the betterment of human life through loving.
Reply 28
gCarroll
gCarroll cannot attest to that. However he can confirm his commitment to the betterment of human life through loving.

Bah, if you are God, you are a pansy. I am disappointed.
Reply 29
gCarroll supposes that God would not want to reveal his true, possibly dark - certainly tragic, motives, even to his most trusted of followers.
Reply 30
gCarroll
gCarroll supposes that God would not want to reveal his true, possibly dark - certainly tragic, motives, even to his most trusted of followers.

Can I be God's wife?
Reply 31
From the BoE's website:

bank of england
Many factors are taken into account when deciding whether a payment can be made. No single factor is given priority, but we do take into account things such as the size of the fragments and the presence or absence of some of the main features on the note such as the serial number, the Chief Cashier’s signature and the promissory clause (‘I promise to pay the bearer on demand the sum of……’). The declared cause of the damage is also taken into consideration before making a final decision.
Reply 32
gCarroll

foxo wonders how long it will be until gCaroll gets slaughtered again for using third person narrative. foxo will jump to gCaroll's defence if need be.
Reply 33
Talya
Can I be God's wife?

gCarroll asks if you are a believer of the importance of carnal consummation?
Reply 34
foxo
foxo wonders how long it will be until gCaroll gets slaughtered again for using third person narrative. foxo will jump to gCaroll's defence if need be.

gCarroll has, in the past and no doubt in times to come, received much trouble over his grammatical person, but he understands the importance of a commitment to ones true being.
I think it highly unlikely they'll replace it just because you surrender half a note. Or else I for one would withdraw all my cash in £20 notes, and spend my days doubling my money, by tearing all the notes in half, and having them replaced one half note at a time by full notes...
Reply 36
gCarroll
gCarroll asks if you are a believer of the importance of carnal consummation?

:eek:

For how much £? :p:
kpg
Whats the point in ripping up a £20 note only to go and ask for it to be replaced? :confused:

You need over half of the note to get it back. I accidentaly ripped a tenner last week (dont ask) but went into the bank, gave them the biggest piece and they gave me a replacement note.

lol that is very slow.. 2halfs of a £20 note.. get the both replaced individually = £40
Reply 38
Talya
:eek:

For how much £? :p:

Personally gCarroll finds the whole concept opprobrious to what is the most sacred communing of spirits. He believes in a love that transcends physical being - Plato's pure Aphrodite Urania as put forward in his Symposium.

:suith:
if u cant exchange it, use it for a roll up and pretend youre really rich.

Latest

Trending

Trending