The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Hi first post here :smile:

You are doing the 9700 syllabus right ? Then the exam will be on a respirometer ( probably something about calculating RQ ) .Also the slide will be on a xerophytic plant.

Thts all i know , hope i helped :smile:
Reply 2
U take the 9700/5 tomorrow too?Well im taking earlier than u.Im in the asian region.Hofuly the practical is easy,because i take maths 9709/3 the next day...Omg what a pain ;'p

oh yeah,gwd luck for those taking the 9700/5 paper 2mrw.If u guys want to talk with me,jus ppm me on my msn its [email protected] ;D
Reply 3
U take the 9700/5 tomorrow too?Well im taking earlier than u.Im in the asian region.Hofuly the practical is easy,because i take maths 9709/3 the next day...Omg what a pain ;'p

oh yeah,gwd luck for those taking the 9700/5 paper 2mrw.If u guys want to talk with me,jus ppm me on my msn its [email protected] ;D
Reply 4
Cool its nice to see more CIE ppl :biggrin:
Good luck to u all (its gonna be easy im sure)
Chemistry paper5 on the other hand ......
Reply 5
Chemistry paper5 on the other hand ......

Should and will be hilariously easy, at least for me.
Reply 6
Haha great prediction mate! It all came out and i manage to do it....Well quite okay but not easily
Reply 7
I just did it - my God was that hard!! The calculation part was pathetic!! :frown: I'd be happy if I got a C and Extremely happy with a B !! But wouldn't be surprised with a D :x
Reply 8
:biggrin: Yep the paper was quite good , however have u noticed some typos in the question especially in the RQ calculation part ?
Reply 9
The paper was quite good. The pine leaf was easy, but annotating the guard cells might have been a bit difficult.
The first question was very easy (most of it was theoratical knowledge), but yes there were many typos. For example soda lime was written as soda line, and oxygen was said be released and CO2 consumed, while it was vice versa.
Reply 10
WokSz
I just did it - my God was that hard!! The calculation part was pathetic!! :frown: I'd be happy if I got a C and Extremely happy with a B !! But wouldn't be surprised with a D :x

:frown:
Reply 11
great predictions
the prac was ok
wht value did u get for RQ ppl
Reply 12
RQ is 1.1111' or 10/9
Reply 13
oh really ? my gossh i got smaller value of lesser than 1 :P

darn it! i must get it wrongly :P
Reply 14
:P I got a value of 0.888888~ 0.9 for the RQ :eek: :eek:
Reply 15
Well, think about it this way. When soda lime (or line as they mistakenly called it) is removed, the liquid moves 1mm away from the syringe (per 5 minutes). That means that the volume of CO2 is more than that of oxygen, and is equal to 1.8mm + (1/5)mm per minute. You use this and the fact that 10 mm = 8 mm3 to find the volume of CO2 and O2. Obviously, CO2 is more than O2 and thus RQ>1.

Latest

Trending

Trending