The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Starbucks

Hi guys, I was wondering if there is a starbucks on campus? If not is there one near by? :smile:
Reply 1
No, but there is a Costa on campus as well as a place called Curiositea which has a variety of interesting hot drinks. Many of the other cafes on campus sell hot drinks as well.

Nearby, there's a starbucks in Coventry, Leamington and Kenilworth.
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 2
Ohh okay. That's great. Would you know how far they are from central campus approx?
Reply 3
Original post by Rebekkah Smith
Ohh okay. That's great. Would you know how far they are from central campus approx?

To get to Kenilworth from campus it takes roughly 15 minutes and the bus goes every half hour. For Coventry or Leamington I would expect that it would take a bit longer although the bus would go more frequently. You can look up the exact locations of Starbucks cafes on Google maps as well.
Reply 4
Original post by ttoby
To get to Kenilworth from campus it takes roughly 15 minutes and the bus goes every half hour. For Coventry or Leamington I would expect that it would take a bit longer although the bus would go more frequently. You can look up the exact locations of Starbucks cafes on Google maps as well.

Ohh okay, that's not too bad. Thanks for your help
Why do you need Starbucks so badly?
Original post by crunchychips
Why do you need Starbucks so badly?

I was wondering about that too, there's plenty of places to get ripped off for your coffee on campus :lol:
Reply 7
I assume she already works for them and wants to transfer?
Reply 8
I just like the coffee :P The costa in my country doesn't taste good and everyone goes for starbucks cause it is the best around and here it's really cheap, so yeah - sort of an addiction now if you want to call it that
I'm just taking a coffee machine, I won't be able to afford my daily Starbucks while at uni :frown:. (My college has a Starbucks with reduced prices)
Original post by Appeal to reason
I'm just taking a coffee machine, I won't be able to afford my daily Starbucks while at uni :frown:. (My college has a Starbucks with reduced prices)

First year's alright as you can go back to your kitchen to make coffee. When you get to second year and you have to buy it, it gets more expensive :tongue:
Reply 11
Original post by Appeal to reason

I'm guessing from your previous posts about step that you're doing maths. If you do a fourth year then you'll have access to the kitchen in the common room and can use that to make coffee.
in my country... everyone goes for starbucks cause it is the best around and here it's really cheap

I fear you'll find the Starbucks in the UK to be unrecognisable, then. Since it is **** and costly.
Reply 13
I just like the coffee :P The costa in my country doesn't taste good and everyone goes for starbucks cause it is the best around and here it's really cheap, so yeah - sort of an addiction now if you want to call it that

Cheap? Costs an arm and a leg here. Literally.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
Tons of costa machines on campus, and 'grumpy mule' is 1.90 a cup - though my theory is that warwick students love the image of holding a coffee and pretending to work much more than actually drinking it.
Original post by Dnator
Tons of costa machines on campus, and 'grumpy mule' is 1.90 a cup - though my theory is that warwick students love the image of holding a coffee and pretending to work much more than actually drinking it.

Yeah, that is true :lol: :colondollar:

To anyone who wants to buy coffee in the library etc.-use both an Eating at Warwick card and a Grumpy Mule loyalty card to bring the price down as much as possible.

Quick Reply

Latest