The Student Room Group

Not ready to leave school

At the end of year 12 I was in a great place in regards to family, friends and work; everything was going right so I was comfortable to move on.

However, this year hasn't been so great. My friendship group has fallen apart (first time in 7 years we've ever even had issues). As well as this, my best friend started a rumour about me (I think she misunderstood something I told her and told someone else, who told someone else etc). I'm not angry at her about it because that's unnecessary drama (as I can't undo the rumour) that I'd rather avoid. However, I am pretty hurt that she betrayed me by telling someone something I had told her not too. This was probably the last straw that broke the camel's back. Our relationship hasn't been the best over the past year.

Another one of my best friends has suddenly turned very narcissistic this year. Our conversations only exist when we talk about her, otherwise what I say gets ignored. This is pretty difficult to not get angry at when someone blanks what you say even when you are talking face to face. She's also the only person who knows about my eating disorder, and I'm not one to seek support however it would be nice to know she's concerned by just asking me how I am once in a while. Idk is that too much to ask from someone? When I initially told her she didn't talk to me for 2 days because she was angry at me :L

With my personal issues being more of a problem recently, alongside exam stress atm (I've been doing really badly this year and really have to pull up my socks for june), and having basically lost my two best friends (can't talk/trust them), it's made me feel pretty 'uncomfortable' with life right now. Like i'm not ready to move on. Regardless of whether I'd take a gap year this year, things will change. I just want to try and fix everything, but a lot of it's out of my control. Home life isn't great either atm so I feel pretty isolated a lot of time, and I'm finding it even more difficult because last year was the complete opposite to how it is now.

I don't know what to do, a part of me is saying ride it out till sept and then I can start again and the other part is saying try your best to make amends so I don't have negative feelings when I look back on high school.
Reply 1
bump

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending