The Student Room Group

LSHTM

Hi just wondering if anyone's joining the Pub health course at LSHTM this September or any other courses, I would be joining the Pub Health course.
Reply 1
Hey Trippwire, I will be (most likely) joining the pub health course. I am still struggling between Imperial and LSHTM. Any advice?
Imperial
Pros: better brand name if i am going out of the public health field
Cons: expensive and make me less competitive if I am looking for a job in the PH field?
LSHTM
Pros: better reputation in the public health field?
Cons: Only the public health people heard of it?
Reply 2
Hi good to know you have been offered places at both Imperial and LSHTM, well personally my choice is LSHTM as it's the Gold standard in pub health. From info I have gathered from friends and colleagues everyone's voted for LSHTM as it's the biggest player in the field and also for academics and world wide recognition, presence in all parts of the world in project terms. Hope this helps and all the best.
Original post by k.kwong
Hey Trippwire, I will be (most likely) joining the pub health course. I am still struggling between Imperial and LSHTM. Any advice?
Imperial
Pros: better brand name if i am going out of the public health field
Cons: expensive and make me less competitive if I am looking for a job in the PH field?
LSHTM
Pros: better reputation in the public health field?
Cons: Only the public health people heard of it?
Hi Trippwire & K.Kwong,

I'll also be studying Public Health @ LSHTM this september.

FYI - I also think LSHTM is more reputable if you want to stick inside public health/epi but if you want to go for a broader sector then potentially imperial will carry more weight.

Look forward to meeting you guys!
Reply 4
Hi Hiral

Good to know you have joined LSHTM for the Pub Health, looking forward to meet you too!
Hi guys,
I am deciding between studying Public Health at LSHTM and Global Health at Kings College this Sept. Any advice?? What is the course at LSHTM like? How intensive is it?
Thanks!
Reply 6
Hi, I think the Pub Health at LSHTM is better. Very hectic, loads to study and you have people from all over the world :-), hope this helps but do find out from other sources as well. Good luck!
Reply 7
I have been considering doing a Masters in Public Health as well this September. I have a Bachelor degree in Pharmacy, do you guys know how a Pharmacist can benefit from the MPH program? and what are the possible careers available for Pharmacists with an MPH? thanks.
hey guys,

I have an offer from LSHTM to study Public Health, and also from Queen Mary's to study Global Public health and policy, Im unsure which to pick, any views?
My undergrad is in Dentistry; Sherifd - need to ask yourself what you want to do with the MSc, also maybe try find people witha simliar back ground to yours - eith on linked in or ask the alumni for contacts. Hope that helps!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending