The Student Room Group

Amsterdam University College

Is anyone applying-? Ive found max 1 person on here applying for AUC this september compared to applying to Leiden University College or Utrecht CU. Also anyone think its strange their term dates are so long - <2 months summer, 5 days easter holiday and 10 day christmas - :frown:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'm applying to AUC, however I'm sending in a late application for the science major :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by fjoanne99
Also anyone think its strange their term dates are so long - <2 months summer, 5 days easter holiday and 10 day christmas - :frown:

No, this is very common in NL.
Reply 3
I'm applying for humanities.. Wish I had a better idea of how difficult it is to get in though..
Reply 4
I have already received my invitation to an interview. Anyone else?
It is pretty intersting they wrote in the letter: "In your case we envision, that if the Admissions Day confirms the mutual expectations, you will receive an offer to study at AUC". Are there any other cases? Like, it is obvious that after passing the 1 stage and meeting the expectations one will be offered a place, or isn't it?
Reply 5
I applied and I received my invitation for the interview ! They wrote me the same thing but I don't think it's
Reply 6
Congratulations! Are you coming to the "Meet & Greet" session in person? I thoight it's a way better thing than an online interview and signed up for the one on March 12 :smile: .
Reply 7
Original post by HeyYouSee
Congratulations! Are you coming to the "Meet & Greet" session in person? I thoight it's a way better thing than an online interview and signed up for the one on March 12 :smile: .

I signed up for the interview on April 2nd !!! Let me know how your interview goes because honestly I have no idea what to expect and I'm pretty nervous ! Ahahaha! Congratulations and good luck :smile::smile:
Reply 8
Original post by vide
I signed up for the interview on April 2nd !!! Let me know how your interview goes because honestly I have no idea what to expect and I'm pretty nervous ! Ahahaha! Congratulations and good luck :smile::smile:

Hey, it all went great. Dutch people seem to be very easy-going and friendly. So don't panic or worry.
Actually, the Admissions Day was amazingly organised with rich and entertaining program - you will have a great day, I believe.

Good luck,
Vlad
Reply 9
Congratulations! I accepted my offer a week ago, so excited to study in Amsterdam within a couple of months! :smile:

Did you attend one of the Admission days?
Reply 10
Yes, that's right, I sent in the form and received the confirmation a week later or so :smile:
I attended the one on the 12th of March, so I didn't meet you there haha :wink:
It took me quite some time to make a decision about whether to go to AUC or not, so that's why I accepted the offer so late :wink: Do you have other options next to AUC or are you defenitely going there?
I'm a Social Science major, & you?
Reply 11
*definitely
Reply 12
Original post by calvinlaurent
i do have several options but i've decided to go to AUC. it's kind of my first choice. i want to do science, probably pre-med. btw can we hand in the acceptance form directly at the AUC admissions office in person or does it have to be mailed by post? :smile:

Haha, cool, see you next year then probably :wink:
I suppose you could do that, I don't live nearby Amsterdam (I'm Dutch btw), so I sent the form by post, but I don't see why you couldn't hand it in in person :smile:
Reply 13
You mean see you this august/september? :wink: haha but thanks, i'll try handing it in in person. see you in several months!

Hahaha, this year is going way too fast
Reply 14
Hi, congratulations! I accepted my offer about a week ago, can't wait to study in Amsterdam :smile:
Reply 15
Original post by Jzd
Hi, congratulations! I accepted my offer about a week ago, can't wait to study in Amsterdam :smile:

Ok, something went wrong there :wink:
Reply 16
Congratulations to you both! Btw, Calvin Laurent, I just sent them the acceptance form by e-mail and I will have to bring the original in Spetember (:, hope this helps.
Reply 17
I have actually called the admissions office and they said i could hand in everything at the office in person. So I'm just gonna drop by the office tomorrow and hand in the acceptance form along with my diplomas/transcripts. It'll be much easier and faster for me. Where are you from? Are you from outside the Netherlands?

Yeah, I am from Lithuania. So dropping by the office is actually a pretty bad idea for me (:
Right. I can't wait to come to Amsterdam.
Reply 19
Haha, I think I met you during the lunch at the Admissions Day :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending