The Student Room Group

Anyone studying computer science at uni??

I'm really interested in studying computer science at university. iId just like some information I'm very curious... what is the course like? do you enjoy it?
Reply 1
I study software engineering, which is a derivative of computer science. Personally I love the course and have really enjoyed meeting new people, a lot of which have the same interests as me. If you have any questions feel free.
Reply 2
Original post by iisjman07
I study software engineering, which is a derivative of computer science. Personally I love the course and have really enjoyed meeting new people, a lot of which have the same interests as me. If you have any questions feel free.

Did you have any experience in coding with any programmes before you joined the course? (If you don't mind me asking), what university do you go to? And also.. why do you love the subject?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by scats
Did you have any experience in coding with any programmes before you joined the course? (If you don't mind me asking), what university do you go to? And also.. why do you love the subject?

I had some experience in coding before starting university. I'd done some scripting before using AutoIT & VBScript (and a bit of Visual Basic), as well as knowing HTML & CSS. I didn't really have any experience in application-level development using a full-blown language like we use at university (we use Java like most universities, although some go for C# or others). I knew tiny bits about Java but couldn't construct my own application using it at the time.

I study Software Engineering at Bournemouth University and I love it for a few reasons. Firstly I love the course content; the course is exactly what I expected it to be and I actually want to go in to university to study things unlike being at school. I love how many awesome people I've met on the course who are just like me and like the things I like; something that before university never really happened because none of my friends liked the technical side of computing. I also like Bournemouth University and Bournemouth in genearl - I'd recommend it as a very nice place to study and live.
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending