The Student Room Group

AS OCR History - Churchill 1920-1945 F963/02

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
For question A, how much are we meant to write about the content of the two sources? Do you analyse the provenance of the sources whilst discussing the content? or would you do them as separate points ? :/
Original post by beth1995x
For question A, how much are we meant to write about the content of the two sources? Do you analyse the provenance of the sources whilst discussing the content? or would you do them as separate points ? :/

I personally link in provenance with the content paragraphs, for me it makes the essay flow more than just having a block of provenance stuck on at the end... I don't know, that was the way we were taught to do it :smile:
Reply 22
Okay thankyou! I wasn't sure whether we were meant to be finding similarities and differences in the provenance of the sources or just the similarities and differences of the content and then analysing the provenance :/
Okay thankyou! I wasn't sure whether we were meant to be finding similarities and differences in the provenance of the sources or just the similarities and differences of the content and then analysing the provenance :/

Yeah it's kind of like similarities and differences between the source content and analysis of the source provenance to come to a conclusion on which source is more likely to be reliable and useful when coming to a judgement :smile:

I hope that helped! :smile:
Reply 24
My teacher made quite a few predictions:
- abdication crisis
- churchills relationships with his commanders and generals
- India, dominionship and foreign policy
- Wilderness years, like how he was percieved
-Munich Crisis, percentages agreement

Good Luck!
Good luck today everyone!

Posted from TSR Mobile
So how was the exam?
Ok what did you think? I've forgot what the sources were already! What was source A?
Paper wasn't that bad, despite it saying "defence proposals" :eek:
Think source A was churchill writing about building an air force. what did you put down as the better source for question a?
I put down source B was better because source A was just saying we should go to war when really if it wasn't for the grand alliance we wouldn't have won the war? **** question I must admit but you could have included own knowledge on anything really to do with war in the 1930's I talked about appeasement a lot and the grand alliance mentioned the League of Nations churchills view on rearmament what about you ?
Reply 30
I am so angry about how this paper went/was written. Someone needs to hold my earrings.
Reply 31
Question A was okay , my structure for B went out the window. Generally thought it was a hard paper as couldn't think of any specific knowledge they wanted ... apart form the obvious
Reply 32
Thought it was kinda hard to find similarities for question A :/...
Reply 33
Gah, I hated it :frown: Really don't think I did too good..
Reply 34
Thought it was kinda hard to find similarities for question A :/...

I didn't write about any similarities, couldn't find any.
I thought it was okay... There was a lot to write about for both questions... However if said stuff was relevant remains to be seen!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 36
I think I've bossed it, definitely got at least 140/100 ums on it!!!
Original post by HallamR
Gah, I hated it :frown: Really don't think I did too good..

me too :frown: tyre graining after 6 laps ruined my whole race :frown:
Reply 38
Original post by Jack_King
I think I've bossed it, definitely got at least 140/100 ums on it!!!

Go away Ed, nobody likes you.
Reply 39
Original post by HallamR
I didn't write about any similarities, couldn't find any.

I put that they both suggested that at the time the armed forces could have been stronger than it was,n that was it

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending