The Student Room Group

Tesco Job Interview help

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Gwenie
I need to contact Tesco regarding my application, where would I phone please? The store which I applied for or is there a main HR office? Thank you in advance

Call the store you applied for
Hi guys, I'm starting work with Tesco in a few weeks and it's part of the Tesco Mobile phone shop. I'm just wondering if anyone knows what the uniform is like for the phone shop and also what should I wear until I get it?.
Hi guys, I'm starting work with Tesco in a few weeks and it's part of the Tesco Mobile phone shop. I'm just wondering if anyone knows what the uniform is like for the phone shop and also what should I wear until I get it?
Congrats! As far as I know you just wear those blue shirts and black bottoms, but might be wrong, haha. I'd wear a shirt of some kind with formal trousers if I were you. I'm sure other people will have some good idea on what you'll be wearing though.
Reply 44
Original post by J.davison
I would ring the store you applied for. Done some searching and can't find the HR office one for some reason, but I'd ring the store one anyways.

Great thank you for your reply, i'll phone them after work today and hopefully get some sense :smile:
Original post by pauls198864
Hi guys, I'm starting work with Tesco in a few weeks and it's part of the Tesco Mobile phone shop. I'm just wondering if anyone knows what the uniform is like for the phone shop and also what should I wear until I get it?

Wear a white shirt and black trousers (and black shoes too!) unless told otherwise. That was/is my standard 'I'm yet to have my uniform' dress as instructed by managers.
Hi guys, ive got an interview at Tesco and one at Sainburys. Sainburys is this tuesday and Tesco's friday. My dilemma is that i would much prefer the Tesco job as its better hours and closer, but what if, big if lol sainburys offer me a job before my Tesco interview? I just dont know what to do ahhh. Also would a shirt and tie with trousers be suitable for an interview dont want to be too over dressed or under dressed?
Original post by Charlie196
Hi guys, ive got an interview at Tesco and one at Sainburys. Sainburys is this tuesday and Tesco's friday. My dilemma is that i would much prefer the Tesco job as its better hours and closer, but what if, big if lol sainburys offer me a job before my Tesco interview? I just dont know what to do ahhh. Also would a shirt and tie with trousers be suitable for an interview dont want to be too over dressed or under dressed?

I'd take whatever job you're offered. You wouldn't want to say no to Sainsburys and then not get the Tesco job.

Yes, that is perfect to wear to the interview! :smile:
You are actually able to say to Sainsbury's that you have another interview on Friday and you will let them know after that if you are willing to accept their job. You can also say on Friday at your Tesco interview that you have been offered a job at Sainsbury's and need an answer quickly. The chances are that Tesco will will more likely to offer you a job because you have already been offered one if that makes sense. Good luck!
Original post by EloiseStar
I'd take whatever job you're offered. You wouldn't want to say no to Sainsburys and then not get the Tesco job.

Yes, that is perfect to wear to the interview! :smile:

Thank you for the help :smile: means alot!
Original post by MrsRich1973
You are actually able to say to Sainsbury's that you have another interview on Friday and you will let them know after that if you are willing to accept their job. You can also say on Friday at your Tesco interview that you have been offered a job at Sainsbury's and need an answer quickly. The chances are that Tesco will will more likely to offer you a job because you have already been offered one if that makes sense. Good luck!

Thank you for getting back to me! So IF i was to be offered the job and they called me up offering me it i could say i have an interview on Friday and ill let them know, my offer wouldn't be withdrawn would it? :smile:
Original post by Charlie196
Thank you for getting back to me! So IF i was to be offered the job and they called me up offering me it i could say i have an interview on Friday and ill let them know, my offer wouldn't be withdrawn would it? :smile:

They can withdraw, nothing is set in stone. If you don't want to be there 100% then are they going to be that invested in you? No.
Okay thank you:smile: I'll take the first offer I get lol! If I get one haha, thanks for the help appreciate it
Reply 53
I'd say accept the first one, but still go to the second interview, and if you get that one too call the first one and explain.
Reply 54
I have Tesco interview tomorrow. Bit stressed. I really hope I'll get it. I read all the posts, and prepared myself. Thanks to all for posting.
Reply 55
Original post by pauls198864

can you please tell me what questions they asked, got phone shop interview
my interview was a 1 to 1 not a group. I was asked some questions about my previous experience, was also asked a few scenario questions as well (describe a time sort of questions). Was then took out to approach a few customers just so the manager could see how well my customer service was, once this was over I was tasked to sell a certain product to the manager (I ended up using my phone as obviously this is what I would be doing when I got the job). Just make sure before you start this part you introduce yourself to the manager as if he was just a normal customer, find out what his needs are and then go into what product would he best for him. Good luck!!
Reply 57
I am 54yrs of age. I have a great career record, including supermarket experience in the past and ex-armed forces. I am educated to grade B or higher in the top subjects in O-Level. I have an impeccable sick/attendance record with all previous employers. I worked with my last employer for 30yrs without any disciplinary action. I was considered a grafter you might say. I left my last employer simply because the entire operation was moved by the Royal Mail to another city some 40miles away. So I took voluntary redundancy.

Recently in order to improve my chances of finding new alternative employment, I up-skilled myself by taking the 'European Computer Driving License' Level 1 and also Level 2 [Am now competent at using 'Microsoft Office Suite', including spreadsheets, word, presentations with powerpoint etc] Also I have passed the 'Food Safety Certification' required to work in the Food Industry. I have experience, from previous employers, at cash handling and customer service.

My gripe with Tescos is that I have a profile on there recruitment website where I have consistently made applications for work [Any work] there since the end of 2013. This year alone 2015, I have submitted some 20 or more applications on there website. Since I first started applying for jobs at Tesco, end of 2013, I have ALWAYS had the same standard reply. It goes something like this '' Having given your application some consideration, we have decided not to take your application any further'' ? I have applied for every kind of vacancy going there. Everything from collecting trolleys, working in the warehouse, working on the tills, stacking shelves, kiosk, customer service desk, delivery driver ... EVERYTHING. I cannot understand WHY Tesco continue to this day, to never so much as invite me to interview. Besides all of this they must be one of the most ignorant companies in the western world. The reason I feel this way is because I became so frustrated at their attitude towards me that I wrote a letter directly to their 'Recruitment Department' merely asking them why my applications would not even EVER get me so much as an interview with them. I asked them very politely if they could help me by giving me some sort of constructive feedback as to why my applications were ALWAYS unsuccessful ? . I asked if they could help me by giving me some insight into the criteria required by Tesco to be considered for interview in future applications. It has now been several months since I wrote this letter to them. They simply IGNORED my letter !!

Thankyou Tesco for helping people into depressive illness.
Hi. Did anyone have to do the tower building group exercise at Tesco, if so how an earth did you manage to get a tower built out of the items and stay up
For a minute please? Thanks
Original post by Samijane69
Hi. Did anyone have to do the tower building group exercise at Tesco, if so how an earth did you manage to get a tower built out of the items and stay up
For a minute please? Thanks

You'll have to do this throughout your entire life at team building exercises.

Heres some help from a Google search. Might was well know how now :smile: https://www.google.co.uk/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=how%20to%20make%20paper%20tower

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending