Age 16
Weight 7.7 stone
Height 5ft 1 (very short)
Dresses mostly 8/10 if i wanna go really loose then 12
Jeans im size 8 or 12 depends on the jeans really

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 82
Original post by OU Student
It doesn't. 1lb of muscle weighs the same as 1lb of fat.

One square inch of muscle weights more than one square inch of fat.
Original post by Tyrion_Lannister
Haha they're not as big as you'd imagine, but no I don't because I wear a properly fitted bra. Painful as **** without one though :tongue:

I'm a HH too! Nice to know I'm not the only one out there with massssssssssive boobs!
Original post by xtinalouise
I'm a HH too! Nice to know I'm not the only one out there with massssssssssive boobs!

Boob solidarity! You share my pain of finding bras that fit nicely and actually look good :sad:
I am 5"2 and a half, weigh between 8.5 and 9 stone (depending on the time of month), dress size 10/12 and bra size 34D.

I really want to do something about it - I used to be a keen runner and was really happy with my body but since I got injured I have never got back into it and the weight has really crept on.
I'm 19 and about 5 foot 1/ 5 foot 2.

I weigh 7 stoneish
brasize is 34A
Size 8/10 clothes (varies with shop :tongue: )

Sorry I can't be precise, I'm at uni and have nothing to weigh/ measure myself with!
Original post by Mel1215
- weight - 9.5 stone
- height - 5'4 and a half
- dress size - 10/12 (12 on top, I'm chesty so ay size 10 would not look appropriate)

almost same as you.
Weight: Just under 9.5 stone
Height: just over 5ft4
Size: 10/12
Bra: 32D
I think this thread is really good, all shapes and sizes :biggrin:

From the previous "how much to you weigh?" thread it seemed like there weren't many girls who weighed more than about 8 stone. Also this seems to be what people say if they ever mention how much they weigh.
It made me really confused because even though I'm happy with my body, the number on the scale always seemed to be huge!

8 stone might be a perfect weight for a small girl but it is in now way average.
I think this is a lesson that maybe we should all pay less attention to the scales, if you are happy with your body and healthy then it doesn't matter :smile:
5ft3, 190lb, size 18/20.
5ft 9, 13 stone 6, size 12-16. Bra size... well I WAS in a 34D and I went to M&S with my mum and I ended up in a 38C, which is slightly too big around the band so I should really be in a 36D but the cups in a 38C are the same volume but wider... because I don't have much out front, if that makes sense.
And I'm 19 :smile:
My MyFitnessPal username is runlilyrun if anyone's interested.
Original post by RibenaRockstar
5ft 9, 13 stone 6, size 12-16. Bra size... well I WAS in a 34D and I went to M&S with my mum and I ended up in a 38C, which is slightly too big around the band so I should really be in a 36D but the cups in a 38C are the same volume but wider... because I don't have much out front, if that makes sense.
And I'm 19 :smile:
My MyFitnessPal username is runlilyrun if anyone's interested.

Hi sorry to butt in but I saw M&S and raged. They are the worse bra fitters ever! I'm copying my other post so you can see how to measure. Seriously they're known for doing the add 4 where they add four inches to get your underband. So if they put you in a 36/38, you're probably a 32/34 with a much bigger cup!

[INDENT]Yeah you're probably in the wrong size, most people are because stores use ****ty fitting methods where they add inches to your underbust.

http://www.wikihow.com/Measure-Your-Bra-Size
This is one of the most accurate ways to measure. How you do it is basically measure your underbust, that's your bandsize. If you measure 30", you're a 30. If you measure 29", you could be a 28 or a 30 depending on what you find comfortable (depends how large your boobs are, small chested ladies usually prefer to size up whereas big boobed prefer to size down due to needing support)

Then for cupsize, you measure around the fullest part of the bust, leaning over paralell to the floor. The reason for this is the breasts hang naturally without gravity or clothing intefering. Say you get 35". That's 5" bigger than your underbust. Each inch is one cup

1" is A, 2" B and so on. So our person above would be a 30DD.

http://bfcidade.files.wordpress.com/...ze-biusty2.jpg
http://bfcidade.files.wordpress.com/...iusty_male.jpg

These are pictures of properly fitted D and DD cups, the first pic, and G and GG cups. Basically people have this misconception that D cups are massive and anything bigger must look like you've stuffed a couple of spacehoppers down your shirt, but actually that's not true.

Hope this helps! I'm a bit of a bra fitting nerd after getting fitted properly and thinking Damn my boobs look great AND I'm comfy! [/INDENT]

Hi sorry to butt in but I saw M&S and raged. They are the worse bra fitters ever! I'm copying my other post so you can see how to measure. Seriously they're known for doing the add 4 where they add four inches to get your underband. So if they put you in a 36/38, you're probably a 32/34 with a much bigger cup!

Yeah you're probably in the wrong size, most people are because stores use ****ty fitting methods where they add inches to your underbust.

http://www.wikihow.com/Measure-Your-Bra-Size
This is one of the most accurate ways to measure. How you do it is basically measure your underbust, that's your bandsize. If you measure 30", you're a 30. If you measure 29", you could be a 28 or a 30 depending on what you find comfortable (depends how large your boobs are, small chested ladies usually prefer to size up whereas big boobed prefer to size down due to needing support)

Then for cupsize, you measure around the fullest part of the bust, leaning over paralell to the floor. The reason for this is the breasts hang naturally without gravity or clothing intefering. Say you get 35". That's 5" bigger than your underbust. Each inch is one cup

1" is A, 2" B and so on. So our person above would be a 30DD.

http://bfcidade.files.wordpress.com/...ze-biusty2.jpg
http://bfcidade.files.wordpress.com/...iusty_male.jpg

These are pictures of properly fitted D and DD cups, the first pic, and G and GG cups. Basically people have this misconception that D cups are massive and anything bigger must look like you've stuffed a couple of spacehoppers down your shirt, but actually that's not true.

Hope this helps! I'm a bit of a bra fitting nerd after getting fitted properly and thinking Damn my boobs look great AND I'm comfy!

Sorry to butt in but I got measured at Marks and Spencers and am now worried I'm wearing the wrong bra size! I'm in a 34D and I'm a size 10/12. Can I ask where you got fitted that was better? :smile: I might try going somewhere else :smile:
Original post by SpottedZebra
Sorry to butt in but I got measured at Marks and Spencers and am now worried I'm wearing the wrong bra size! I'm in a 34D and I'm a size 10/12. Can I ask where you got fitted that was better? :smile: I might try going somewhere else :smile:

Hey! No I like helping people, don't worry! I got fitted at Bravissimo, which is amazing, and then I did my own research and followed lingerie blogs, hence my bra geekyness. :tongue: Definitely have a look at them they're fab!

If you follow the measurements in the link, you can gte a rough idea of your size, it will vary on the bra though (some come small, different styles etc) so I recommend getting fitted. If you can't get to Bravissimo, John Lewis are supposed to be good but I haven't been there myself.

M&S are crap, they tried to put me in a 32E, I'm a 28HH...epic fail.
Hey! No I like helping people, don't worry! I got fitted at Bravissimo, which is amazing, and then I did my own research and followed lingerie blogs, hence my bra geekyness. :tongue: Definitely have a look at them they're fab!

If you follow the measurements in the link, you can gte a rough idea of your size, it will vary on the bra though (some come small, different styles etc) so I recommend getting fitted. If you can't get to Bravissimo, John Lewis are supposed to be good but I haven't been there myself.

M&S are crap, they tried to put me in a 32E, I'm a 28HH...epic fail.

Thanks I will try the link! Problem with my boobs is they vary so much depending on the time of the month :P
Thanks I will try the link! Problem with my boobs is they vary so much depending on the time of the month :P

Yeah boobs can do that, it might be an idea to get a bra in a size up for that time if the difference is a cup or more. Or one with removable pads, that you can wear as a push up for regular times and take the pads out for more space :biggrin:
around 9 stone, 5'4" and size 10. I'm 16
Yeah boobs can do that, it might be an idea to get a bra in a size up for that time if the difference is a cup or more. Or one with removable pads, that you can wear as a push up for regular times and take the pads out for more space :biggrin:

Yeah :smile: I think I should probably spend more money on my bras - I tend to just go for cheap ones from Matalan or Primark because I'm short of money but it would probably be worth it to spend a bit more
Yeah :smile: I think I should probably spend more money on my bras - I tend to just go for cheap ones from Matalan or Primark because I'm short of money but it would probably be worth it to spend a bit more

Yeah it is, I have to pay a bit more for mine but they're so much more comfortable! Something you can do is you can try them on in person and then order them from brastop.co.uk for cheaper! Sometimes Bravissimo and figleaves have some awesome stuff in the sale too
Age 17, 5" and I wear age 10-11 jeans from New Look kids!! Generally a size 2-6 though in adult clothes! I weigh just over 6 stone, and I'm never happy about my weight because I can't keep my weight stable! I eat like a horse, and exercise moderately, but don't seem to be able to put weight on or grow at all! My whole family is like it though, so doesn't look like things will ever improve! haha! If anyone has any suggestions where I could get clothes that might actually fit me (more like US sizes) I'd really appreciate it, as I find it so difficult :frown:
(edited 10 years ago)

Latest