The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk X

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Delain
Nobody bothers speaking to me. I'm clearly too boring and stupid for them to associate with.

I think it is more likely that they are either idiots (which applies to a fairly large amount of people) or you simply have different interests.
Man music is so loud now I can hear the lyrics and music so clear its as if its coming from my own speakers, and now people are banging their feet to the music.
Reply 82
Original post by drbluebox
Man music is so loud now I can hear the lyrics and music so clear its as if its coming from my own speakers, and now people are banging their feet to the music.

You should say something it's late that's so unacceptable. Either tell them to lower the noise or just call the police!!
Reply 83
Original post by rmhumphries
This is one of the big advantages of being a guy - clothing sizes don't use silly numbers, and unless you are a 'pretty boy', no-one cares anywhere near as much what size clothes you wear (with the exception of someone buying you a present ofc :tongue:).

Haha yes, I would agree it is a very female thing to worry about. I'm very self conscious of my weight. My hypothyroidism has caused me to gain a lot of weight so fit healthy people complaining about their weight makes me think they are not complaining, just showing off. Especially accompanied by pictures of their flat stomachs.

Edit: before I found out I was pregnant it was even more triggering cos I was gaining weight and not being able to lose it! Even now I won't post pictures of my bump because I'm too self conscious.

Original post by Delain
I could have written this post. Thank you for being so understanding. Oh and YES I completely hate when other people put pictures up of awesome things they're doing and have to constantly boast how they have such amazing lives.

I try to take some comfort knowing that this is probably just what they choose to display, because the alternative is moaning and looking sad to their mates. In real life people are probably not as awesome as their profiles depict.

Original post by Deyesy
It's the reason I only have 40 'friends' on Facebook too :tongue: Best thing I've done is to delete about 350-ish contacts :lol:

I did that too recently. Feels good to cut down anyone that pisses you off doesn't it!
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by SirHas
You should say something it's late that's so unacceptable. Either tell them to lower the noise or just call the police!!

I am trying to be fair incase its just for a hour, I have been here 2 months and its the first time I have heard this, in the past I have heard the odd bit of talking around 1.30am for 5 or 10 minutes but this is first time this has ever happened.

I also dont know if its the tenant because I know his friends and niece and nephew have keys.

To me its more a respect thing, one they should of told me they were having a few drinks and I could of been prepared, the voices I hear dont sound like the tenant as he is a older male who looks around his 50's and these voices are young.

They must realise the walls are so think here you can hear neighbours.
Reply 85
Original post by HmMusic
I feel exactly the same way at the moment. My course is 100% coursework but the deadlines are fast approaching, and I have 2 extensions. I'm in no position to study or work. Feel for you :hugs:

Original post by IDukem
Likewise with me except with NO extensions and I can't ask for one really if one coursework being set in march and the other in April :frown: Overwhelmed is an understatement and stress is my dominant emotion right now. Just a complete and utter *sigh*...i'm close to a break down and i'm trying to figure out how i'm still holding it together, probably cause I need the time it takes to recover form a breakdown to do my work :-/

:grouphugs: Coursework is the worst thing ever if you have no motivation. I don't know how I got it up to a C. Lucky I didn't choose a BTEC :eek:. But something needs to be done about this exam revision. Good luck for your coursework :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I hate to start the thread off with a negative moany post but seriously, right now everything can go **** itself. I don't want to revise, I don't want to move out of uni, I don't want to still be at uni, and I don't ****ing want to be here. :sad:

Grumpy just about sums me up. Very grumpy. More pissed at my existance than anything else though.
Feeling pretty awful. Exams coming up and can't revise, too scared to go into the kitchen to get something to eat, feeling all round hopeless at the moment, like there is no point in anything, anxiety is there but I can't think of a practical way around it than to stay in bed. I don't know what to do. As it's been like this for a while, I might see the Dr and personal tutor, might help to get some exam help at least.

:jumphug: to everyone.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 88
Original post by Delain
I keep reading about all of the people on this forum who have successful, perfect lives and everything falling into place and I feel so inferior and like a freak in comparison. Should really stop doing that.

I sometimes feel like that too :hugs: Twitter is the main culprit these days. And I need uni to have a chance to improve it, but I can't concentrate on the revision.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 89
Original post by kiss_me_now9
I hate to start the thread off with a negative moany post but seriously, right now everything can go **** itself. I don't want to revise, I don't want to move out of uni, I don't want to still be at uni, and I don't ****ing want to be here. :sad:

Grumpy just about sums me up. Very grumpy. More pissed at my existance than anything else though.

I can relate. Blank day today. Felt no joy at anything. Hope that you feel better tomorrow. :hugs:
Reply 90
I am trying to be fair incase its just for a hour, I have been here 2 months and its the first time I have heard this, in the past I have heard the odd bit of talking around 1.30am for 5 or 10 minutes but this is first time this has ever happened.

I also dont know if its the tenant because I know his friends and niece and nephew have keys.

To me its more a respect thing, one they should of told me they were having a few drinks and I could of been prepared, the voices I hear dont sound like the tenant as he is a older male who looks around his 50's and these voices are young.

They must realise the walls are so think here you can hear neighbours.

Ohh I see where you're coming from, if you said it's not the tenant, cause a 50yr old would have been asleep by now. You should maybe have a quite word with them.
Reply 91
Original post by HmMusic
I did that too recently. Feels good to cut down anyone that pisses you off doesn't it!

Indeed :tongue: Feels good to not see people's university experiences in my face either. It's definitely, definitely worth doing.
Original post by SirHas
Ohh I see where you're coming from, if you said it's not the tenant, cause a 50yr old would have been asleep by now. You should maybe have a quite word with them.

Well the music has stopped, noticed a car pull up and 2 young lads in their 20;s get out then it got louder for 5 minutes then music stopped and then just heard loud talking and walking about now.

Well the guy goes to bed around 4am as he is on heavy medication for a bad back due to accident at work
Reply 93
Well the music has stopped, noticed a car pull up and 2 young lads in their 20;s get out then it got louder for 5 minutes then music stopped and then just heard loud talking and walking about now.

Well the guy goes to bed around 4am as he is on heavy medication for a bad back due to accident at work

Well it looks like they're having some sort of party, it also looks like they're not stopping anytime soon.
Hmm strange, I rang the police not long about, 25 minutes max and rang back to say the noise has been quiet the last 10 or 15 minutes for them to say police already went round and the noise was ok.

The police station is about 15 minutes drive away! so unless someone was in area and turned up instantly that is a lie especially as I have my curtains open and havent seen any cars pull up apart from a sports car with 2 young lads who sat there for 5 minutes then came in and left 5 minutes later.
mood seems to have plateaued out at a constant low. hopefully it will remain like this for the next two weeks so i can get my exams done. fluctuating moods always bring out the worst in me and suck all motivation away. then i have three free months and my mood can do **** all because hopefully i wont have to study.

potentially ED triggering?

Spoiler

Mouse Potato
Me!! At a risk of sounding weird, this made me feel sort of better because I thought it was only me who worried about it! I'm off the antipsychotics for the moment because they gave me such bad tremors that I became pretty much disabled (couldn't cut up food by myself, write or wash myself, the tremors in my hands and arms were that bad, and it started affecting my speech too.) I was on a really high dose of abilify and my psychiatrist thought it was TD because I developed a lot of the facial/tongue tremors that are apparently common in TD. Luckily after a couple of months they worked out of my system, and with some beta-blockers I'm now pretty much back to normal. But TD terrifies me and is one of the main reasons I'm scared of going on another antipsychotic. They wanted to put me on quetiapine which apparently doesn't have tremors as a side effect, but I'm really unsure. I'm allowed to stay on high doses of Citalopram and Mirtazapine for now to see how it goes. Tremors are horrid. :

Wow, that sounds like some pretty severe tremors. :console: I'm on haloperidol and have some slight tremor in my hands but anticholinergics have got rid of that pretty much entirely. I'm sorry to hear you had such a reaction to aripiprazole but at least it's gone now that's really good. I haven't noticed any tremors on quetiapine and I'm on the max dose so I reckon you might be ok on that, although I understand completely your reluctance to try another antipsychotic. How are you managing now that you aren't on any? That's what worries me a lot about TD, if I got it what would things be like off of antipsychotics completely.
Original post by FuzzySheep
Feeling pretty awful. Exams coming up and can't revise, too scared to go into the kitchen to get something to eat, feeling all round hopeless at the moment, like there is no point in anything, anxiety is there but I can't think of a practical way around it than to stay in bed. I don't know what to do. As it's been like this for a while, I might see the Dr and personal tutor, might help to get some exam help at least.

:jumphug: to everyone.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey hun, long time no speak! Definitely go to the GP and talk to your personal tutor. There's a lot that can be done in terms of exam help but only if you ask for it :hugs:
Reply 98
Hmm strange, I rang the police not long about, 25 minutes max and rang back to say the noise has been quiet the last 10 or 15 minutes for them to say police already went round and the noise was ok.

The police station is about 15 minutes drive away! so unless someone was in area and turned up instantly that is a lie especially as I have my curtains open and havent seen any cars pull up apart from a sports car with 2 young lads who sat there for 5 minutes then came in and left 5 minutes later.

They might have had a foot patrol went over since the station is 15mins away. Has the noise stopped yet?
Original post by SirHas
They might have had a foot patrol went over since the station is 15mins away. Has the noise stopped yet?

15 minute drive not walk, about 2 and a half miles from station.

Just had knock on door from neighbour apologising saying his niece turned up as its her birthday but they did plan to finish by midnight anyway, he did ask if I phoned but I said no.

He did say he was going to ask me to come up for a few.

He did say the police turned up in car, so they must of been in area.

Silence now apart from talking which is fine.

Latest